• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Water running into drivers footwell after washing the car

Billan

Reaction score
Just took delivery today and gave the car a bath. Little bit of water got around the door glass seals, but most are saying this is normal. I did get a lot of water all over my feet/legs when I drove down the incline of my driveway though. It poured into the driver's footwell (from the base of the steering column). Any idea where this is coming from? Regular hose, not a power washer.

2024 first edition V6 if it makes a difference

Thanks!

Just took delivery today and gave the car a bath. Little bit of water got around the door glass seals, but most are saying this is normal. I did get a lot of water all over my feet/legs when I drove down the incline of my driveway though. It poured into the driver's footwell (from the base of the steering column). Any idea where this is coming from? Regular hose, not a power washer.

2024 first edition V6 if it makes a difference

Thanks!
I don't think that is right and I would contact the dealer straight away. I agree you can get some come in around the edges of the window and especially if using a jet wash which I do weekly. This is normal and to a degree I have had this with previous cars I have owned including Audi, Porsche and BMW. I have never had any come through to the footwell so it can't be right. I have a 2023 V6 first Edition also.

i have wet drivers footwell too. My footwell is wet from just sitting outside in rain on level driveway. I cant see where it is coming from but don't think the problem existed before i had HVAC shield and 2 new doors installed recently.

i am taking it to dealer next week to investigate i will let you know if i find anything out

How are you washing your car? Pressure washer? You need to be very careful around the window seals. Normally I’ll take a step back when washing around that area and very quickly pass it with the pressure washer to clean it. I don’t aim it directly at the area where the window meets the roof. Haven’t experienced it with the Emira yet. (I also am very careful around the engine bay)

I did have it on my Evora GT though and it was due to a faulty cheater seal on the passenger side that the dealer replaced under warranty.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back