• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

From the top!

Vampyre

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1722429157469.png

1722440632697.png

Yes, this is a photo I took of my 3 cars on the lawn, I used a DJI Mini 3 Pro drone for the photo, so there is lens distortion and it makes the C8 look smaller.

Attachments

• 1722440623325.png
    1722440623325.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
The Corvette always seems so much bigger to me.
But from this view they're almost the same.

As an owner of both, what's your opinion of C8 vs Emira?
I'm thinking about ordering a '25 Eray

Something’s off about that photo, the Corvette is about 10” longer than the Emira

Something’s off about that photo, the Corvette is about 10” longer than the Emira
He must have just washed the C8 in a really hot water mix...causing it to shrink (lol).

Or (more likely) the pointed snout of the C8 counts towards the ~9.5" length difference.

I've owned 2 C8's (2020 and 2023) just before "trading up" to my Emira. I loved both C8's, especially the ++ loaded 2023. I'm surprised how much I prefer the Emira drive, which has better cornering and is more of a "raw" true sports car feel, compared to the more "refined/luxurious drive" of the C8. I haven't had the Emira on the track yet, so I can't compare my C8 track experience, but I suspect it'll make up what it lacks in HP, with its cornering. I do however miss having a convertible during these hot summer days, plus a heads-up display and several of the other convenient options of the C8, but for me, all of that is forgotten when driving a stick.

Agreed and note how small the Evora appears when it's only an inch shorter than the Emira. Wide angle lens distortion?

Agreed and note how small the Evora appears when it's only an inch shorter than the Emira. Wide angle lens distortion?
yes, this was taken with a DJI drone and low height, so yes the image is size distorted