• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Future of the Emira

Pure speculation/bull💩 as far as I'm aware..... You can still order a V6 manual or auto in the UK but the configurator states "delivery in 2025" - until recently this said 2026. Most likely down to implementation of new Euro 6e emissions requirements and the requirement for mandatory speed limiters in Europe and the UK, although the UK website says "due to demand".....
Pretty much exactly what my dealer told me.

So as a V8 Esprit and V6 Emira owner, my take:

1. because its a 4 cylinder, the V6 is the premium in the range according to Lotus pricing
2. because its a 4 cylinder
3. True but the on road performance of the i4 comes from its gearbox shift speed benefit rather than BHP, however I personally feel the 400bhp V6 is enough for the road and the Emira - however it could be tuned by Lotus for more as per Evora/Exige model range i.e. 410GT etc if they want to add more to the range in the future
4. Wrong there is a strong aftermarket based around the V6 as well, there are already 460 and 500bhp aftermarket solutions for this engine (plus a 550bhp build in an Exige). I have found that the 4 cylinder has been tuned to 550bhp but being a 4 Cylinder Turbo its far more strained at these increased powers = more failures and also a more expensive build to prevent those failures
5. But as a drivers car the option needs to be there for those of us who can use a clutch and manual gearbox 😜🤣 , its more involving and one less ECU controlled item/thing to go wrong!! because its a LOTUS!

Nellie

1. True, plus the V6 sounds amazing. Then again I drove 4 cylinder Lotus cars for 13 years and never complained about the sound. I'd been told that my Exige S with 2bular exhaust sounded like a MotoGP bike.
2. True, and we all know lighter is better.
3. Its performance comes from the quicker shifts and superior torque.
4. The only aftermarket options for the V6 that I'm aware of are Komo Tec and Inokinetic. While the I4 will be more stressed it is also a more modern design and built for these stresses. I've read they're getting up to 600hp out of it in Europe.
5. Your implication that I can't drive a stick is just a immature ad hominem attack. And I'd argue that automatic transmissions have less issues and require less maintenance than manuals. They certainly don't require $10k, engine out clutch replacements.

If your a teenage girl or a woman then yes.
Also not everyone is capable of operating a manual.
Revoke your man card. lol.

Another immature ad hominem attack. Nice. Let me guess, you're still in high school but just learned to drive a stick so you're very proud of yourself. Congratulations.

1. True, plus the V6 sounds amazing. Then again I drove 4 cylinder Lotus cars for 13 years and never complained about the sound. I'd been told that my Exige S with 2bular exhaust sounded like a MotoGP bike.
2. True, and we all know lighter is better.
3. Its performance comes from the quicker shifts and superior torque.
4. The only aftermarket options for the V6 that I'm aware of are Komo Tec and Inokinetic. While the I4 will be more stressed it is also a more modern design and built for these stresses. I've read they're getting up to 600hp out of it in Europe.
5. Your implication that I can't drive a stick is just a immature ad hominem attack. And I'd argue that automatic transmissions have less issues and require less maintenance than manuals. They certainly don't require $10k, engine out clutch replacements.
I may or may not have made an implication, however its called banter hence the winking and laughing emoji!!! , looks like I touched a nerve! Chill out 🥶

My point still stands that the choice should be there in the range for drivers who prefer to have and use a manual! I will refrain from a further quip as you are so fragile.

There is also Jubu Performance out there doing Emira tuning, there are other companies in Europe who have worked on the V6 in the Exige/Evora so hopefully they will pick up the Emira as well

Nellie

I will refrain from a further quip as you are so fragile.

There's another example. I don't think you even realize you're doing it. Calling me fragile has nothing to do with the topic at hand and is just a personal attack. Grow up.

The i4 will likely become the easier car to manage and produce for new EU emissions but if it was really all that Lotus would have used it as the basis for its motorsport programme.

Whilst the i4 engine is cheap to tune I don't know if Lotus got the version with the uprated block (Does anyone know??), which a lot of the high power tuned A45's are based upon as its apparently an AMG only component.

This may be why the Emira has less power stock than the AMG 45S