Gap between door and rear quarter panel

AA27

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All

Can I check with everyone who owns an Emira, does the gap between the door and rear quarter panel seem quite big on their cars? I have started to notice that on mine the gap seems to quite big. I have only had the car for about a month, and when picking it up due to the excitement I didn't really notice it until a week or so ago.

I haven't been able to check another Emira, and looking at pictures on the forum / Youtube I can't really tell if this is normal.

I can add some pictures of mine at some point tomorrow, I have screenshot a picture from this forum showing the area I am talking about. Apologies if I haven't described it properly.

On mine the upper part (closest to the window then down past the handle) it seems the most prominent.

Thanks

1728597748170.png

Just measured the gaps on my doors front and rear and on both sides.
They are a consistent 3 to 4 mm measured with one of those clear plastic rules and old eyes. Looks fine to me.

Thanks for checking Nick.

I have attached an image of mine, does yours look similar?

1728659884358.png

That looks about right. Mine varies from 4.2mm at the top to 3.4 near the bottom. It actually varies back and forth as I move down the door.

Attachments

• IMG_4595.jpeg
    IMG_4595.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 12
Well, I've tried to take the picture as close to the same angle as yours and mine does look like the gap is smaller than yours at the top and indeed all along.
What is the front of the door's fit like, is the gap smaller than the rear?
Mine are the same.
Have your doors been off or replaced to do the paint bubbling problem?
Don't forget these cars are "hand built" and therefore not all the same.
I had to readjust my front cover to make it more central but it isn't exact.
Likewise my tailgate has a bigger gap on the right compared to the left along the painted area but the rest is good.

IMG_20241011_163205.jpg

That looks about right. Mine varies from 4.2mm at the top to 3.4 near the bottom. It actually varies back and forth as I move down the door.
Thanks for checking. I will measure mine and check if they are similar to yours, the bottom did seem like there was less of a gap when I last looked.

Well, I've tried to take the picture as close to the same angle as yours and mine does look like the gap is smaller than yours at the top and indeed all along.
What is the front of the door's fit like, is the gap smaller than the rear?
Mine are the same.
Have your doors been off or replaced to do the paint bubbling problem?
Don't forget these cars are "hand built" and therefore not all the same.
I had to readjust my front cover to make it more central but it isn't exact.
Likewise my tailgate has a bigger gap on the right compared to the left along the painted area but the rest is good.

View attachment 53231
Thank you, great job on the picture, very similar to how mine was taken :)

One of my doors was replaced due to bubbling, but this was done prior to me picking up the car so I didn't see what the issue looked like on mine. I'm not sure which door was replaced, but both have a very similar gap.

I will check the front of the door gap next time I'm at the car, from what I remember the front seemed a tiny bit smaller.

Like you said there may differ slightly with different cars due to the hand built nature, I think that as long as the gap is fairly consistent compared to others, then I shouldn't have too much to worry about.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back