• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Gas prices skyrocketing.

When the prices get this high, Its time to pull out the MONKEY !!!

150 MPG !!!

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 8.48.41 PM.png

Petrol prices in Tasmania are now near $2.17 a litre, up from around $1.30-$1.50 a month ago. As an island we're particularly prone to transportation issues... although prices are always a lot slower to come down if conditions improve.

Petrol prices in Tasmania are now near $2.17 a litre, up from around $1.30-$1.50 a month ago. As an island we're particularly prone to transportation issues... although prices are always a lot slower to come down if conditions improve.
And I'm afraid its only going to get worse!

But compared to the Netherlands at € 2,569 per 1 liter for 95ron (as posted above) its still a relative bargain.

And that is why I purchased the i4. Made an excuse I needed a fuel efficient sports car.

Related to this, we’re getting reports now of new car prices going up by 15-25% over the month. The new VW Polo is going to start at $30,000 drive away… which seems mad for a small car. Suddenly the Emira’s $200k price tag isn’t looking as ridiculous!

Does anybody know the MPG of the Emira? Has that information been released yet?

I'm just wondering whether I need to sell a kidney once my first tank red lights

I'm just wondering whether I need to sell a kidney once my first tank red lights
Out of curiosity what would the number be to make you not want to purchase it?

Like single digits or lucky 13?

Always intrigued by this as it is meant to be a daily driver so it’s important.

Since it's the same powertrain and basically the same weight as the Evora, I'd expect "up to 17mpg city / 26mpg highway" though I've heard some owners getting better than that too....