Gated shifter plate for the Emira?

It looks like Greg's Race Parts offers a Gated Shifter Plate kit for the Evora. I was wondering if there's anyone making one for the Emira. If not, I'm hoping to drum up interest to see if we can convince Greg over at @GRP to make one. :D

You linked to the Elise/Exige, so far I haven't seen a kit for the Evora. It would require removing/finding a different solution for the reverse tube that surrounds the shift lever. The reverse tube around the shift lever is just too thick to make a gated shift plate for.

You linked to the Elise/Exige, so far I haven't seen a kit for the Evora. It would require removing/finding a different solution for the reverse tube that surrounds the shift lever. The reverse tube around the shift lever is just too thick to make a gated shift plate for.
Good catch, and you make a good point too! I’ve updated the link description in the original post. I’m hoping someone can figure out a solution.

I had @Aerie looking at a solution to open it up like the later Exiges, but the shape under the gaiter doesn't lend itself to a clean solution. The entire shifter surround would need to be redone. It would be truly awesome to open it like that, or to put a minimal shift gate over the opening, but I'm not sure how it could be accomplished. The gate would be easier anyway. Just measure the path of the shifter through the gears

As @kitkat mentioned the biggest problem is the diameter of the lift tube for the reverse lockout.
I'm sure guys wont want to eliminate that on their Emiras so thats big hang up on getting them going.
I think a entire new shifter rod would need to be made to make it work.

@GRP Thank you for weighing in. So… now we need to find someone to make a new shifter rod. 😃

To help visualize why this would be so difficult just have a look at the shaft thickness, there's an inner shifter and an outer reverse tube that thickens it.

1719862776587.png

Instead of a shift plate that could clip into the existing top like this:

1719862834244.png

You'd be left with something like this:

1719862866453.png

Mockup I modeled here are dimensions that just theoretical to explain and not representative of the Emira.

To help visualize why this would be so difficult just have a look at the shaft thickness, there's an inner shifter and an outer reverse tube that thickens it.

View attachment 47014

Instead of a shift plate that could clip into the existing top like this:

View attachment 47015

You'd be left with something like this:

View attachment 47016

Mockup I modeled here are dimensions that just theoretical to explain and not representative of the Emira.
I see. Yeah I don't want one anymore

It's also not square under the alcantara/leather gaiter there to my understanding. But ideally I'd go with something that's totally open like that.

Someone would have to make one. I've asked @Aerie if they could and they are unsure.

It's also not square under the alcantara/leather gaiter there to my understanding. But ideally I'd go with something that's totally open like that.

Someone would have to make one. I've asked @Aerie if they could and they are unsure.
We are planning to do this.