GRP Customized Emira Steering Wheels!

Let me know if anyone ends up ordering a Alcantara top/bottom + perforated sides combo.
Would love some pictures ❤️

I received my custom wheel from GRP today just a few weeks after ordering. I actually like the stock leather wheel size and thickness, and generally prefer the feel and grip of leather to Alcantara; but I admit Alcantara looks better and I primarily wanted a round wheel so figured I'd take a leap of faith and try out a different material since I was ordering custom anyways.

The quality is top notch and I'm really impressed, especially since they even accommodated my request to have the bottom trim portion be done in matte carbon fiber. I personally think carbon rimmed wheels look and feel awful, but as far as trim pieces go, the less gloss or piano black the better. Porsche is the current gold standard for steering wheels in my opinion and this was my attempt at getting close to that.

I chose grey for the TDC marker and stitching to not clash with my tan interior while still adding a bit of sportiness. I avoid brightly colored wheel stitching because it can get dirty fast with Alcantara, so this was a good middle ground. I'm really happy with it and plan to install it this weekend with some before and after photos.

Lastly, would like to say a thank you to @GRP for supporting this community despite it being a relatively small one compared to other manufacturers. Having solid aftermarket support is hugely appreciated.

IMG_7003 2.jpg

I received my custom wheel from GRP today just a few weeks after ordering. I actually like the stock leather wheel size and thickness, and generally prefer the feel and grip of leather to Alcantara; but I admit Alcantara looks better and I primarily wanted a round wheel so figured I'd take a leap of faith and try out a different material since I was ordering custom anyways.

The quality is top notch and I'm really impressed, especially since they even accommodated my request to have the bottom trim portion be done in matte carbon fiber. I personally think carbon rimmed wheels look and feel awful, but as far as trim pieces go, the less gloss or piano black the better. Porsche is the current gold standard for steering wheels in my opinion and this was my attempt at getting close to that.

I chose grey for the TDC marker and stitching to not clash with my tan interior while still adding a bit of sportiness. I avoid brightly colored wheel stitching because it can get dirty fast with Alcantara, so this was a good middle ground. I'm really happy with it and plan to install it this weekend with some before and after photos.

Lastly, would like to say a thank you to @GRP for supporting this community despite it being a relatively small one compared to other manufacturers. Having solid aftermarket support is hugely appreciated.

View attachment 50651
Looks good congrats. I ordered mine on August 9th and hoping it arrives soon.

I opted to buy the new replacement button sets and have Greg install it for me since we are doing a custom wheel anyway.

My spec is different, I opted to be bold and go with the gloss forged carbon look with alcantara at 69/3 positions. I also opted to use the OEM center airbag. I may regret this but hey, no risk no reward.

This looks amazing! Just needs some non-haptic buttons to make it perfect IMO. ;)
Ha, I haven't had any issues with the haptic buttons in the first ~3200 miles so maybe I'm an outlier. Definitely a solid option though for those who prefer them.

Looks good congrats. I ordered mine on August 9th and hoping it arrives soon.

I opted to buy the new replacement button sets and have Greg install it for me since we are doing a custom wheel anyway.

My spec is different, I opted to be bold and go with the gloss forged carbon look with alcantara at 69/3 positions. I also opted to use the OEM center airbag. I may regret this but hey, no risk no reward.

I'll encourage you (and anyone else buying a replacement steering wheel) to post photos, of your new one. My thanks to FlyNavy01 for doing so. I'm still debating this purchase and when it comes to "round vs. OEM flattened" my question for people like FlyNavy01 is whether the dashboard view is compromised at all or there's a noticeable "knee room" difference especially for people with long legs, with the all-round wheel. A picture(s) showing it in place, would be nice (hint hint).

I'll encourage you (and anyone else buying a replacement steering wheel) to post photos, of your new one. My thanks to FlyNavy01 for doing so. I'm still debating this purchase and when it comes to "round vs. OEM flattened" my question for people like FlyNavy01 is whether the dashboard view is compromised at all or there's a noticeable "knee room" difference especially for people with long legs, with the all-round wheel. A picture(s) showing it in place, would be nice (hint hint).
That's the plan! I may try to install it tomorrow after work.

For a rough idea, the stock wheel is about 320mm tall and 355mm wide measured from the outer edges, and the new round wheel is ~350-55mm in all dimensions. Lining it up to the stock wheel shows about 10mm lower on the bottom and maybe 20mm taller on the top, which doesn't seem to affect instrument visibility at all (might even be better) and only marginally less knee room. Not a problem for me but maybe for taller folks where every millimeter counts.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back