• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Steering Wheel Press-Type Buttons Now Available from GRP!

I can probably do that, we will swap a set in the shop car and try to capture a video of the process.
We do have written instructions on our website under the custom wheel page that shows how to do it as well.
Hi Greg,
You mentioned at the beginning of the thread that the new press-type buttons would be " (Ready to ship out around Aug. 5th)".. I was wondering if you meant that Aug 5th is when they would ship from the manufacturer to GRP or from GRP to us (customers)?

Hi Greg,
You mentioned at the beginning of the thread that the new press-type buttons would be " (Ready to ship out around Aug. 5th)".. I was wondering if you meant that Aug 5th is when they would ship from the manufacturer to GRP or from GRP to us (customers)?
They should be arriving and shipping out to everyone this week.

Has anyone already installed the new press buttons?
I ordered them from GRP, I installed them, which was fairly easy, but unfortunately the left side one that controls the cruise control was defective and didn't work, so I returned that one for a replacement which Greg is following up on with his supplier. Currently, I may very well be the only Emira owner with a bi-polar steering wheel. Here's a picture...

thumbnail_IMG_1024.jpg

This setback aside, I'm very impressed with how the OEM button version looks and feels. You can barely notice a difference with the haptic ones, unless you look very closely. Functionality wise (at least speaking for the right hand one) it works perfectly with no more accidental triggering of functions and that one is the best tester since I've barely used cruise control anyway.

I ordered them from GRP, I installed them, which was fairly easy, but unfortunately the left side one that controls the cruise control was defective and didn't work, so I returned that one for a replacement which Greg is following up on with his supplier. Currently, I may very well be the only Emira owner with a bi-polar steering wheel. Here's a picture...

View attachment 50023

This setback aside, I'm very impressed with how the OEM button version looks and feels. You can barely notice a difference with the haptic ones, unless you look very closely. Functionality wise (at least speaking for the right hand one) it works perfectly with no more accidental triggering of functions and that one is the best tester since I've barely used cruise control anyway.
Although not ideal for you, it does give the rest of us a nice in-situ comparison of the two different types!

View attachment 50023

And bi-polar pants!

Not hating... celebrating.

I’m assuming pajama pants. I thought the same and was going to comment. I can’t say how many times I’ve sat in the car in my garage in my pajamas. Love it!

View attachment 50023

Do the buttons also glow in the dark like the OEM ones? Also do they have a more "clicky feel" or do they feel just like the OEM ones?

Thanks!

Do the buttons also glow in the dark like the OEM ones? Also do they have a more "clicky feel" or do they feel just like the OEM ones?

Thanks!
Glow in the dark or internally lit?

Has anyone who installed these found that they just push in place with the 3 male studs? Those two screws on the original ones dont seem to actually secure the pads to the wheel just help hold the two halves of the switch assembly together. Those holes arent there on the push ones either.

Took me a long time to find tool screw size for those too. Kinda upset if I didnt even need to remove them now.

Last edited:
Has anyone who installed these found that they just push in place with the 3 male studs? Those two screws on the original ones dont seem to actually secure the pads to the wheel just the two halves of the switch assembly together. Those holes arent there on the non-push ones either.

Took me a long time to find tool screw size for those too. Kinda upset if I didnt even need to remove them now.
Yeah, I had asked Greg about that and he confirmed my own findings which were that the screws on the haptic modules are actually not necessary and don't do much of a job securing the module in to place since they screw in to a foam backing anyway. The long prongs and surrounding enbedded snug fit of module, eliminates the need for any additional screws. They set in tightly in place. Hope this helps.