• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Gutted - Spec totally wrong on checkout email

That's a major error. I thought building the car with the wrong suspension was a big mistake, but not correctly including your agreed changes tops that. Will be interesting to hear what they do to address it.

The lotus way…. 🙉

Seriously though Tony I hope they can do something, or we’ll be fighting over used vantages in the new year 🤣

Got a reply back from LCC quite quickly to say the configurator isn't displaying my actual spec and it is Nimbus. Must say though I was slightly pleased I may be delayed from getting the car so early and that's niggling me. Will take Xmas to think on what I really want to do.

Got a reply back from LCC quite quickly to say the configurator isn't displaying my actual spec and it is Nimbus. Must say though I was slightly pleased I may be delayed from getting the car so early and that's niggling me. Will take Xmas to think on what I really want to do.
Wise move to take Christmas to decide what you want to do.

For me, I'd want written confirmation of the full spec in the Invoice and in writing from Lotus before I'd commit to a build and then buying the car. It's very obvious their system is not to be trusted.

Wise move to take Christmas to decide what you want to do.

For me, I'd want written confirmation of the full spec in the Invoice and in writing from Lotus before I'd commit to a build and then buying the car. It's very obvious their system is not to be trusted.
My wife shares the same opinion and tells me to get a detailed breakdown of the car I've ordered..

Really, sorry to hear that! Now you've got me worried!! I made a few changes too and they confirmed them via email but my configurator link has always remained in my original spec...
Hi Dommo, it sounds like Tony's car is actually correct.

Both mine and Tony's configurator links had been updated to show the changes we had made. So I would get in touch with Lotus if I were you to double-check yours have gone through correctly.

Hi Dommo, it sounds like Tony's car is actually correct.

Both mine and Tony's configurator links had been updated to show the changes we had made. So I would get in touch with Lotus if I were you to double-check yours have gone through correctly.
Thanks mate! In the panic I went hunting through my junk mail and I actually managed to find an updated link code that hadn't seen, so all appears to be ok! 👍🏻

My car arrived at the dealers today - they sent me a picture and it looks fantastic with one exception... It has privacy glass (which I don't think I like) and this is despite the car being specced without privacy glass.

I can take some responsibility as when I first specced the car i did choose privacy glass however that was removed in Jan this year - before the spec was logged in.

Also, I hadn't noticed when you click thought to the Lotus website from the checkout email you can see the exact options your car is coming with. And if you do that and look at all the filters the option is privacy glass and on mine that was wrongly ticked.

Fortunately back in Jan when i made the changes I had asked Lotus CC to email me though my locked in spec and it shows that I had ordered no privacy glass. I just had a brief conversation and Lotus have said that if it was there error (they are digging out the email to confirm) they will change the glass FOC... On the positive side I now have the benefit of trying privacy glass for a while before changing to normal glass if needs be!

At least the car was the right colour - so i urge anyone who has changed there spec AFTER placing the initial deposit to get it in writing what they are expecting BEFORE you receive the checkout email!

Worrying to see another example of a wrongly delivered car. Good that they are offering to sort it.

Worth checking what suspension they've fitted too... :)

Worrying to see another example of a wrongly delivered car. Good that they are offering to sort it.

Worth checking what suspension they've fitted too... :)
... and check all four corners! :)

No telling how many cheeky bastards on factory tours swapped things into the wrong cardboard boxes.

... and check all four corners! :)

No telling how many cheeky bastards on factory tours swapped things into the wrong cardboard boxes.

Ha, could you imagine just one corner being softer or stiffer than the rest for some reason. 😂

Ha, could you imagine just one corner being softer or stiffer than the rest for some reason. 😂
I'd rather not, that's the sort of error that can kill people.