Has anyone installed the lowering kit from GRP ??

Jincook

Reaction score
I purchased the lowering kit from GRP and also CT Carbon kit from them but considering a road condition in Los Angeles, I'm still don't know how much to lower my emira. I do not want to scrape every bumps but still want that sharp look when you lower it. Has anyone lowered Emira using GRP lowering kit?? Can you post a photo of it and let me know how much you've lowered it??

Thank you !!!

Attachments

• 20240707_105323.jpg
    20240707_105323.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 20240706_121606.jpg
    20240706_121606.jpg
    564.4 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: GRP
I was interested in the lowering kit too ....

Btw, did u wrap it white? Didn't know emira had that paint option?

I purchased the lowering kit from GRP and also CT Carbon kit from them but considering a road condition in Los Angeles, I'm still don't know how much to lower my emira. I do not want to scrape every bumps but still want that sharp look when you lower it. Has anyone lowered Emira using GRP lowering kit?? Can you post a photo of it and let me know how much you've lowered it??

Thank you !!!
Hi, the YouTube link below shows the carbon kit being fitted and the GRP spring perches fitted. That is now my car and the ride was too harsh and too low, every bump felt and every speed hump hit. The pic is after it was all done.

I paid £320 ($400) to have the car lifted up another 15mm from that in the video and geometry done. The ride is firm but acceptable and only the steepest humps pose a problem. I've not been to the track yet, still running it in, but I can already feel it will be good. I have the Sport suspension.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240716-193129_Files by Google (1).jpg
    SmartSelect_20240716-193129_Files by Google (1).jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Hi, the YouTube link below shows the carbon kit being fitted and the GRP spring perches fitted. That is now my car and the ride was too harsh and too low, every bump felt and every speed hump hit. The pic is after it was all done.

I paid £320 ($400) to have the car lifted up another 15mm from that in the video and geometry done. The ride is firm but acceptable and only the steepest humps pose a problem. I've not been to the track yet, still running it in, but I can already feel it will be good. I have Sport suspension.

They've edited out that video to remove the suspension install for some reason, I don't know why...

They've edited out that video to remove the suspension install for some reason, I don't know why...
I suspect because you have to take the shock apart and they used the tool you can get from GRP to prevent any damage to the steel rod while it's in a vice. Lots of comments criticising them claiming they were damaging the shock, they haven't. Easier to edit it out than continually reply to comments.

Reactions: GRP

I paid £320 ($400) to have the car lifted up another 15mm from that in the video and geometry done. The ride is firm but acceptable and only the steepest humps pose a problem. I've not been to the track yet, still running it in, but I can already feel it will be good. I have the Sport suspension.

Your car looks awesome 👌 how much did you end up lowering?? I'm still waiting on CT Carbon kits so I'll be installing mine when it arrives. I'm still holding on to the GRP kit yet until I see how low I can go without scraping every bumps.. and did you install the spacers also ??

Your car looks awesome 👌 how much did you end up lowering?? I'm still waiting on CT Carbon kits so I'll be installing mine when it arrives. I'm still holding on to the GRP kit yet until I see how low I can go without scraping every bumps.. and did you install the spacers also ??
Thanks, it does stand out when parked up. I'm not sure of how much it's lowered by, but it's 1 1/2 finger depth above each wheel. The roads where I live, Yorkshire, are horrendous for potholes and speed humps everywhere. No spacers yet, may be some problems with them from what I've read, I'm wanting the 3rd cat delete pipe next.

I'm considering a carbon fibre wrap for the bonnet, Porsche RS style, the plastic engine covers dipped and sprayed and would love a rear wing similar to the GT4 Emira one. Just a bit pricey yet.

I don't think it's a good idea to simply reduce the travel while keeping the same spring rate.

I don't think it's a good idea to simply reduce the travel while keeping the same spring rate.
Not sure I follow on this, you dont change spring rates anytime you adjust a coilover do you?

Not sure I follow on this, you dont change spring rates anytime you adjust a coilover do you?
Aftermarket coilovers are designed to be height adjustable and they usually come with higher spring rate and adjustable damper. The stock suspension is not.

Aftermarket coilovers are designed to be height adjustable and they usually come with higher spring rate and adjustable damper. The stock suspension is not.
Moving the lower spring perch position down in no way would require going to a higher spring rate.
Lotus themselves did this same thing but with circlip positioning between the S1, S2 and GT Evora's.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back