📓 Journals Hethel Yellow First Edition is mine now!

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.
First-class move. I'll never forget Fox Valley Motorcars outside of Chicago that always welcomed my friends and I (16-17 yrs old) to hang around the showroom, drooling and asking questions.

Once I asked a salesman, "are you sure we're not bothering you?"

- "Kid, you guys know more about these cars than most of the people buying them. Stay as long as you like"

If they were still in business and selling Lotus I would loved to have ordered from them! But he helped plant a seed, and that's what we should all be doing every day.

Always drive with a smile!
Thanks! :)

Cars have been around in my life as long as I can remember and my first word shall have been "Auto" according to my mother... :ROFLMAO:

And it's true always drive with a smile! Last time a little Hyundai drove in front of me and the kid on the backseat took a photo with his smartphone while we were driving.

Next weekend I‘m off again for six days going to South Tyrol with some friends.

Epic roads, panoramic views, great food and wine in the evenings and of course a lot of driving. :)

IMG_1092.jpeg

Like every year in autumn, we are visiting Helmut and Flora in South Tyrol with a small but fine group of long-time friends.

IMG_1982.jpeg

IMG_1981.jpeg

IMG_2009.jpeg

One of the classics is the ascent to Penser Joch with a short stay on the pass, time for a few photos. However, it was quite fresh this year, with some snow still left over from the last few weeks of heavy rain/snow.

IMG_1997.jpeg

IMG_2006.jpeg

We went on beautiful tours the first three days which meant roughly 300km a day, including up the Passo Rolle or the Mendel Pass. Always fun to drive with the Emira, especially when you get a 1st gear hairpin curve right from braking with manual downshifts to the small powerslide out of the curve and then switching to 2nd gear. You then arrive at the top of the pass and feel great. :)

IMG_1974.jpeg

On the fourth day we ended the tour a bit, did less sporty driving and enjoyed it more and took breaks at various places.

IMG_2041.jpeg

More time for drone footage. Some recordings were made at the Fedaia reservoir and I think there will certainly be some footage on YouTube in the next few days.

IMG_2045.jpeg

IMG_2051.jpeg

The evenings were spent with like-minded people in the hotel with good food and deliciously selected wines. The hotel's two Irish Setters are always there, too:

IMG_1987.jpeg

And of course, we have already made plans for next year. Next time we want to try to go to Helmut with our own small group of like-minded people and will coordinate the routes with him individually. Driving fun guaranteed. :)

up into the clouds:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back