Hi Team, look what I can buy for $63K! thoughts?

Find one of these, 335 HP twin turbo, Hydraulic steering. Punchy & fun. Should be able to find one in that price range. Only imported 740 to US. 1 year model. Drive, enjoy, sell - you will not lose a dime.
Def not a road trip car, part of my requirements.

Since you're asking for opinions, I personally think it has a horrendous looking front end. I also hated the new M3 grills but they've grown on me a bit. I don't think this one ever will. If you want a BMW, why not save some money and get a 340i/440i that you can EASILY tune to 450hp on the B58 engine for around a grand with very few mods? Again this is just my opinion so take it or leave it.

These aren't great photos but this is my 340i DD that puts out about 400whp/400tq (ZHP package, super rare as they only made about 600 for US/Canada). The B58 engine with the M sport exhaust also sounds absolutely AMAZING.

Attachments

• IMG_7244.JPEG
    IMG_7244.JPEG
    519 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7283.JPEG
    IMG_7283.JPEG
    603.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7285.JPEG
    IMG_7285.JPEG
    435.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7276.JPEG
    IMG_7276.JPEG
    511 KB · Views: 31
That's insane. M2s are just too heavy. The F87 looked really nice. Get a low miles M2C @lion shf

If you're after a BMW ^^^ that's what I'd do. F87 M2C is pretty awesome, in my opinion, the last best car BMW made. Otherwise get a 3 or 4 series and I'm not even sure I'd get an M model either, but then again, I went away from BMW when I went to Tesla, so I don't follow their latest trends.

I also don't think that car competes directly with an Emira. If you must have a practical sporty car, you're asking in the wrong forum, IMO. You should also be cross-shopping Audi, Mercedes and maybe even Lexus. All make great cars with slightly different specializations and design decisions. The new M2 is ugly to me though and it's hard to get far beyond that, no matter how great of a car it is (and we'll find out soon, won't we?).

Looks plenty dynamic to me
Ever driven a modern M car though? It's just nowhere nearly the same visceral experience of a Lotus. If you want a fast car, absolutely the new M2 will be a sledgehammer. The S58 is a fantastic engine but the steering rack alone is enough to get me to sell my M4.

Ever driven a modern M car though? It's just nowhere nearly the same visceral experience of a Lotus. If you want a fast car, absolutely the new M2 will be a sledgehammer. The S58 is a fantastic engine but the steering rack alone is enough to get me to sell my M4.
I understand and agree but Lotus plus 14k really doesn’t do it for me.
I’m sure the M2 will be TWICE the driver than my current big turbo TT
And if the M2 was $72 I’d not give it a second thought

I understand and agree but Lotus plus 14k really doesn’t do it for me.
I’m sure the M2 will be TWICE the driver than my current big turbo TT
And if the M2 was $72 I’d not give it a second thought
It sounds like you're sold on it but I'm curious how you manage to look past the front end? That's a tough sell for me but you know what they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

LOVE the front, dislike the back. I will most def be backing it into the garage

I also think it's an age appropriate type of car. I see Ms, in particular M2s, owned by 20-35y olds. I'm past that so even less of a fit for me.

@lion shf why not a used F8X? Mine will be up for sale in a year.
+1
I had a 335i (twin turbo N54) in my early 30s. That was about the right time. By the time the cost of an M3 became a financially responsible possibility, I decided I was just too old for that crowd. Maybe my kid would be interested in one. Not for me.

LOVE the front, dislike the back. I will most def be backing it into the garage
I hadn't really looked at the rear but yeah, it may be worse than the front. Hey, what it all comes down to is what you like so if you think this is the car for you then go for it. I couldn't imagine driving a car that looked like this and I am quite a fan of BMWs as sporty-yet-practical daily drivers. I guess I won't have to worry about the ever-uglier BMW designs as I can't imagine I'll be buying another one anytime soon once I get my hands on the Emira.

The BMW steering rack in my Supra is the reason I'm here. Otherwise the car is pretty damn amazing, and the B58 is a beast. It's the damn steering though, which actually, the faster I drive, the less it seems to matter to me. That said, It's the low speed, puttering around town stuff in which the weighting is just off...and directly, the joy is lacking. I'm a pretty responsible driver around town (take out my aggression on the track), so I spend a good amount of time in the Supra wishing it had something it never can. No amount of improved dampers or alignment has given me the steering feel I crave...

All cars have compromises and the less they cost, the more they compromise. It’s all about your personal sweetspot.
35k club nd2
50k supra
65k m2
85k c8
105k emira
125k 911T etc etc
if on a budget, who can convince me 105k Emira > 63k m2?

105-63 is like 50k

I know this is supposed to look really good and aggressive... and to some degree, I get it.... but....

2023-bmw-m2-coupe-122.jpg

This is all I see with those weirdly designed tail lights

D36VQWJUYAAEVfe.jpg

Can't get over that front or back. The car combines suave lines with sharp angles in an unnatural way. It's just a juxtaposition of so many different things that conflict with each other. BMW's design language is all over the place.

I'm not a design aficionado, so what do I know? I just know if I were a BMW buyer and wanted a small sporty car, this release would piss me off. I wonder if F87 M2C's will maintain value better as a result or maybe this weird transformer-wannabe look will grow on us in the same way beaver teeth grew on the other models ;)

Holy crap that car is so ugly I thought it was a spoof video until I clicked on it and realised it was a genuine BMW.

You need a right old set of beer goggles to see any beauty in that!

From the looks of your cars I would suggest a old truck or SUV.;)

In all seriousness, I'm sure it looks better in person. I'd personally go for the M4 or even the M4 xDrive or whatever their AWD sub 3 second 0-60 M car is. I'll still want to check out the M2 if you get one.. Especially if you can find a CS! Though that might be the previous gen only.. I'm not up to speed on the newest Bimmers, but I remember seeing a CS with gold wheels that looked 🔥.

All cars have compromises and the less they cost, the more they compromise. It’s all about your personal sweetspot.
35k club nd2
50k supra
65k m2
85k c8
105k emira
125k 911T etc etc
if on a budget, who can convince me 105k Emira > 63k m2?

105-63 is like 50k
The M2 is a bit like my Camaro SS, a fine handling car with grunt and some everyday usability, a lot of fun actually.

I would however always prefer my light weight front-mid engined Opel GT for a fun drive on a twisty road or for a vacation in Italy. The Emira is totally different from an M2 and will definitely be a purer driver's car.

I'd say in the long run both have their merits and it comes down to your preferences. I would however argue that the Emira gives you Ferrari 360 like driving thrills at a very affordable price whereas the M2 is really expensive for an entry level BMW M.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back