• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Hi Team, look what I can buy for $63K! thoughts?

The M2 is a great choice. Will be fun to drive and practical.

However, I'd personally prefer a purer sports car (GR86) or a purer sport executive (IS500) for my dollars.

The M2 is a great choice. Will be fun to drive and practical.

However, I'd personally prefer a purer sports car (GR86) or a purer sport executive (IS500) for my dollars.
I can’t go slow again. After a miata dd for 7 years, just can’t stomach the 86. I’m also a little put off by jack from geese’s long term mod review of the 86. And I HATE the seats HATE

Yeah, watching the Throttle House review... first ~6-mins sounds like the exact same experience I have with the F87 M2. Which is to say: BMW missed the mark.

EDIT: Finished the video, just as I thought.... not worth it.

EDIT #2:
Straight Pipes review was complete trash. First they'll say something like "the shifter is spongy," effectively saying it's crap.... and then they'll excuse it by saying "but at least it has a manual!" Uhh... no guys, not at least. BMW has the skills to make proper cars.

It seems like many of BMW releases are 'whatever' until they get feedback from journalists, owners/enthusiasts and then a couple of years later they'll come out with what the car SHOULD have been and everyone will fall in love with that. But I'd consider this the first "whatever" iteration. Aside from the looks, which may be beyond saving. If it were more of a retro E30 M3 vibe (because that's what the side of the car kind of looks like), then I'd be all over it. As is... blech!.

Last edited:
Throttle house mentions the Emira in their M2 video so I guess Lion isn’t the only one.

Edit: lion please get your vision checked

I’ve been waiting and waiting THANKS
Throttle house mentions the Emira in their M2 video so I guess Lion isn’t the only one.

Edit: lion please get your vision checked
my vision sees 42k in the glovebox
BsDU5wz.jpg

I've seen it at the Essen Motorshow and found it to be unbelievably ugly and horrible value for money, I also think that my new Camaro SS is better in every possible way and that comparing a 1700kg 2+2 with a mid-engined 1400kg sportscar makes no sense whatsoever...

BUT!!!

I do think that everybody is entitled to their own opinion and if Lion likes the looks, thinks it's good value and is eagerly awaiting his BMW M2, we shouldn't make fun of him, but instead congratulate him and be happy.

We're all car enthusiasts afterall, so get the car you lust after and enjoy the heck out of it!

Last edited:
I've seen it at the Essen Motorshow and found it to be unbelievably ugly and horrible value for money, I also think that my new Camaro SS is better in every possible way and that comparing a 1700kg 2+2 with a mid-engined 1400kg sportscar makes no sense whatsoever...

BUT!!!

I do think that everybody is entitled to their own opinion and if Lion likes the looks, thinks it's good value and is eagerly awaiting his BMW M2, we shouldn't make fun of him, but instead congratulate him and be happy.

We're all car enthusiasts afterall, so get the car you lust after and enjoy the heck out of it!
I don’t mind we’re (I) having fun.

Very well, I just wanted to make sure it all stays friendly, some forums tend to get very toxic and I'd just like the group to stick together, no matter the car. :)
Not with me it’s all fun. I’m glad everyone voices their opinions,

And here's the thing: the M2 didn’t just come alive, it delivered utter brilliance. Sure, it may be 1,625kg and, yes, that’s 100 or so more than the F87, but I’ll take that penalty any day to have a chassis that manages its mass as well as this one does. The M2 is the definition of pinned, poised and - not to put too finer point on it - pant-wettingly good. It demonstrated many qualities that I admired, and am keen to tell you about them all, but none more so than its body control. That was the one that got me; the one that stood out the most in recollection.

It feels like a car in which the details have been sweated over: the steering’s response just off centre, the tip-in on the throttle, the torque and power delivery all feel painstakingly well calibrated.

While we wait. Blue brakes or Red?
Toronto Red with Cognac interior or if you want to look aggressive and hide some of the 📦 at the back black with cognac interior.
I wouldn’t chose any more black cars they only ever good for 5 mins after wash 🧼

We love blue with black wheels, black striped seats, red calipers and carbon roof. Auto of course.