• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

HORRIBLE Paint job or is it just me...need input

Raskits

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Long story short, my driver side bumper near headlights showed signs of blisters and peeling paint near the ducts. I took it to Galpin Lotus Service and was warrantied. Galpin service was great and worked with John. They were prompt and responsive. My Emira was taken to Specialty Car Craft in LA (Certified Lotus Repair Facility) for a repaint. After a long 3 weeks in their shop, today I finally got to pick up my Emira. Upon picking it up, discovered they forgot to fix the peeled paint near the ducts but repainted the blisters found on the bumper near the headlights & fender.

Galpin service manager was very apologetic and asked to bring back the car in a week to get it fixed. Reminded them that it wasn't their fault in fact even praised them for their service and communication. Anyways took it home and did more inspection...well I was very disappointed. The repaint in the affected area is rough (especially on the edges of the bumper), orange peel, and spec like bubbles? I'm extremely disappointed with the results and have little confidence SCC will do a better job for the second attempt. I just don't understand how this would pass a painter's eye. Again, not blaming Galpin (I think they are awesome to work with) and this is more of SCC problem.

I'm not sure if I'm being a Karen, so would like you know some input. Is this acceptable work if this was your Emira after a warrantied paint job?

20240920_170743.jpg
20240920_152931.jpg
20240920_171718.jpg
20240920_171730.jpg
20240920_171909.jpg
20240920_171928.jpg

20240920_171949.jpg

Yall think I should request another facility to do repaint?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back