• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

How many of you plan on tracking your Emira's??

The best way to get on track with your Lotus in the UK (and several European circuits) is with Lotus On Track. Excellent track etiquette, well run, usually helmets for hire and instructors available. People often happy to give you a passenger lap if you don't know the circuit or ride with you to give some informal feedback.

Plan on doing 3-5 track days a year. Luckly the east coast has five or six track with in five hours. Watkin Glen, Lime Rock, Pocono, New Jersey Motor Park, Pitt Race, Summit Point, VIR and more. There are a couple groups that put these days on, but I wish we had a Lotus group. Something to work on!!

So there's a track near me that has a go-kart course in the middle of it. A couple years ago there was flooding that washed out a couple of the main track's corners, and this one local run group decided to run their scheduled events anyway and just connect up the main track with the go-kart track and run a track-cross format. Basically Autocross (but nobody has to work any cone corners) and one car at a time goes out for one hot lap through this very tight/technical go-kart course that transitions onto a wide, sweeping high speed run.

It's incredible fun, and takes all of the anxiety out of tracking (running with other cars, heat / consumable stress from sustained runs, etc).

I'll probably avoid tracking except for the odd HPDE event, but I'll show up for every track-cross session they book. I wish more tracks offered this sort of format.

1644011134568.jpeg

The only proper track I've been on in the UK is Silverstone, so I'd be comfortable taking it there a few times... are there any Lotus club days that go there?

If I start to grow a pair, I'd be open to exploring other tracks, again with people I could semi-trust not to be twits :)
(Not sure how many people from here that rules in or out :p)
The Lloyds of London motor club do a Goodwood day and the drivers can be trusted and cars are usually exotic and varied. ! Brands Hatch not so on an MSA day I did with nutters in Evos flying by and then losing it at the next corner. Fortunately avoided any contact!

I tracked my Cayman R but don’t have a trailer so it was always the thought of will I get to drive home 😂 Don’t know if I will track the Lotus regularly but I definitely want to really see what it’s got. And anyway I seemed to have designed a helmet for it so I have to now 🤷🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• 6B649D9B-3EF5-4E17-9F90-BE1B1CB09E3A.jpeg
    6B649D9B-3EF5-4E17-9F90-BE1B1CB09E3A.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 54
  • DBE30A7B-2D62-4CE9-A0AF-739281748685.jpeg
    DBE30A7B-2D62-4CE9-A0AF-739281748685.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 48
In the U.K. I tracked my bike as it’s a hell of a lot of fun and much cheaper on consumables than taking my car. Im in Europe now and the nearest proper tracks are formidable, it’s either the Nurburgring or Spa, neither of which am I keen to go around on two wheels. If I get brave I will take the Emira, probably to Spa, otherwise it’s my e30 which although old and slow is a great drive and nicely upgraded for the job (and again v cheap on tyres and brakes). I’m very fortunate to have incredible roads just outside the door so it’s not so much of an itch to scratch as it was when I lived in London.
I live several hours away from Austin Tx. There’s a Formula 1 track that I will start going to after taking a few driving lessons.

I tracked my Cayman R but don’t have a trailer so it was always the thought of will I get to drive home 😂 Don’t know if I will track the Lotus regularly but I definitely want to really see what it’s got. And anyway I seemed to have designed a helmet for it so I have to now 🤷🏻‍♂️
Love the helmet 😊

I plan to track the Emira but won’t push it too hard. I also have a very track worthy Camaro 1LE that I was going to sell and make room for the Lotus. Now I intend to keep it to scratch that time trial itch. My thoughts are it’s cheaper and parts are readily available if something bad were to happen.

The Emira would become the weekend fun car. I want to experience high speed track driving too but can’t imagine driving at 10/10ths. Wouldn’t want to take the chance… too pretty, rare, and expensive of a car for that… well for my finances it is.

I live several hours away from Austin Tx. There’s a Formula 1 track that I will start going to after taking a few driving lessons.
Where in TX are you. There are 2 tacks in the Dallas Ft. Worth area. Eagles Canyon and Motor Sport Ranch.
Both great tracks. Eagles Canyon does track days and offers DE. There is another company Drivers Edge that will also do events and have beginners classes with instructor.

Where in TX are you. There are 2 tacks in the Dallas Ft. Worth area. Eagles Canyon and Motor Sport Ranch.
Both great tracks. Eagles Canyon does track days and offers DE. There is another company Drivers Edge that will also do events and have beginners classes with instructor.
McAllen The track I was thinking of is Circuit of the Americas, Formula 1 in I Austin Tx..

I am interested in the driving classes, Porsche has a program that after you take all their classes your can race in a endurance event. 24hrs.. Most teams need a beginner do to the regulations..
If you have contact information about the driving classes at those tracks. I would love it 😊

McAllen The track I was thinking of is Circuit of the Americas, Formula 1 in I Austin Tx..

I am interested in the driving classes, Porsche has a program that after you take all their classes your can race in a endurance event. 24hrs.. Most teams need a beginner do to the regulations..
If you have contact information about the driving classes at those tracks. I would love it 😊
check out www.porschedriving.com (Porsche Track Experience)
They run this program at Barber Motorsport in Birmingham Alabama
Pretty pricy but worth it

Hi, can I ask where you had the helmet made?

Here!
will use it as Instruktorcar and for me free practice….
A italy tour is also planed
Because
#dennzumfahrensindsieda our # at insta, if your guys a curious take a look at insta or fb CarCareKassel
#todrivetheyaremadefor

The best way to get on track with your Lotus in the UK (and several European circuits) is with Lotus On Track. Excellent track etiquette, well run, usually helmets for hire and instructors available. People often happy to give you a passenger lap if you don't know the circuit or ride with you to give some informal feedback.

Already a member of Lotus on Track. I have done lots of track days with them. The last one I did at Oulton Park I did over 100 laps in my S2 Elise 111S. Great day.

10-12 track days per season for me…most in Illinois/Wisconsin/Michigan, with a few in Texas.

Attachments

• 17FB9AE7-E039-4A5A-8948-E6BAB8F33BF8.jpeg
    17FB9AE7-E039-4A5A-8948-E6BAB8F33BF8.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 26
  • B8D8E1DB-F2EB-4D03-BB12-2AF610CBFD1F.png
    B8D8E1DB-F2EB-4D03-BB12-2AF610CBFD1F.png
    374.5 KB · Views: 24

Well checking out that link has made me want to track my Emira more than I thought I would. So glad to hear Lotus operate track days