• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

I am test driving Saturday!! (Western NY)

The Emira will be my first digital gauge cluster. I have only ever had analog. Would love your opinions on how the gauges (tach) look and work? I assume it should be like a really cool high tech video game.
I will be sure to let you know, I think it will also be my first digital cluster.

I actually cannot believe it, but my dealer just called me to say that he just got word he will have the gray Amira from LOG41 at his dealership Friday and Saturday for test drives. This is lotus of Western New York near Buffalo. He actually said that I was the first person that he called because he knows I have had ongoing interest and talk to him several times over the last year. That's exciting considering I am maybe number 13 on his list, and he was supposed to get 15 FE's.

I am going to drive it sometime Saturday afternoon, it's a 4-Hour drive to get there unfortunately. He said he was aiming to have 20 minute test drives, possibly longer if it's not a really big crowd. I'm very excited to see the car in person for the first time and to drive it will be a bonus. I was hoping it would be the red car that's making the rounds, instead of the Shadow Gray.

Does anybody recall if this car has sport suspension? Also, was this supposedly the one with the smaller KEF amplifier and is a Europeans spec?

Fingers crossed that I like the car and keep my deposit!
Bummer! 3 hour drive for me. Working over that weekend. I think I am just behind you on the list. Enjoy the drive and keep us posted with your impressions.

Yeah don’t they have a new showroom?

Oh, yeah they do. I thought you were referring to the new RDS Lotus of Philly showroom.

The test drive isn't at Summit's new Lotus showroom though for some reason. It's at another of theirs in the area.

Bummer! 3 hour drive for me. Working over that weekend. I think I am just behind you on the list. Enjoy the drive and keep us posted with your impressions.
Oh that is too bad 😔 I had to rearrange my schedule to make it on short notice.

I actually cannot believe it, but my dealer just called me to say that he just got word he will have the gray Amira from LOG41 at his dealership Friday and Saturday for test drives. This is lotus of Western New York near Buffalo. He actually said that I was the first person that he called because he knows I have had ongoing interest and talk to him several times over the last year. That's exciting considering I am maybe number 13 on his list, and he was supposed to get 15 FE's.

I am going to drive it sometime Saturday afternoon, it's a 4-Hour drive to get there unfortunately. He said he was aiming to have 20 minute test drives, possibly longer if it's not a really big crowd. I'm very excited to see the car in person for the first time and to drive it will be a bonus. I was hoping it would be the red car that's making the rounds, instead of the Shadow Gray.

Does anybody recall if this car has sport suspension? Also, was this supposedly the one with the smaller KEF amplifier and is a Europeans spec?

I'm driving the car at 10 AM on Saturday (#14 on their list). Like you, I'm hoping I like what I see!

I'm driving the car at 10 AM on Saturday (#14 on their list). Like you, I'm hoping I like what I see!
I just re read the seat thread please effort to report lots of detail if you can. Are you a big fella?
Maybe even a pic of under the seat to see rails and motors. Lots of tall Miata guys bolt their seats right to the floor but I understand this isn’t a 20k Miata

Has sport suspension and Michelin sport cup 2 tires
Believe it was smaller KEF but I never listened to it was more interested in how it drove.
Don’t believe the test drive will be longer than 10 to max 15 minutes. Will depend on the route they set up

Last edited:
I received an email today from my dealer to schedule a test drive between 11/2 - 11/5. Test mule is magma red, black leather, 6-speed V6 FE, sport with Cup 2s.

I’ve driven an Evora GT (auto) and a C8 so I have some good benchmarks to compare it to.

I received an email today from my dealer to schedule a test drive between 11/2 - 11/5. Test mule is magma red, black leather, 6-speed V6 FE, sport with Cup 2s.

I’ve driven an Evora GT (auto) and a C8 so I have some good benchmarks to compare it to.
What location?

Awesome! My time slot is 1pm. They are setting aside roughly 30 mins per person he told me today.

I just re read the seat thread please effort to report lots of detail if you can. Are you a big fella?
Maybe even a pic of under the seat to see rails and motors. Lots of tall Miata guys bolt their seats right to the floor but I understand this isn’t a 20k Miata
I am 6'3", 212lbs. Long legs, so I will be curious how I fit. I wear a size 13 shoe, so I am hoping my feet aren't an issue with the cramped pedal box.

I will take detailed pics of seats and whatever else. Disappointed it won't be the final stereo setup since I am a bit of an audiophile.

Dealer said either he or another guy will be in the car, have a route planned that involves the expressway and some driving around a college area or something. Approximately 25-30 mins allotted per person.

For all of you who are doing test drives in the USA, are any of you not getting an FE but still got invited to do a test drive because you have a deposit for what will be a BASE model?

For all of you who are doing test drives in the USA, are any of you not getting an FE but still got invited to do a test drive because you have a deposit for what will be a BASE model?
I missed the V6 FE cut. I can go base V6 or AMG FE.

I am firmly into base v6 range, didn't deposit until Spring of 2022. I feel very blessed to be able to test drive BEFORE I place a final order (and hopefully see new colors on the configurator), which is a luxury that I feel very few may have/ have had so far. I feel a bit guilty for test driving before some people who have ordered FEs, but not guilty enough to not take advantage of the opportunity!

If possible, can someone try to get a photo of how the seatbelts are attached? Trying to guage how tricky to remove for re-webbing.

Yeah don’t they have a new showroom?
I asked about that, because they do. That was where the Emira unveil event was, but there is considerably more parking at one of their partner stores in Westfield apparently. Wondering if it's a sport suspension spec or touring. Either way... I'll be there tomorrow around 5:15.