• The August 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 August 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

i4 wih 400HP - post from another Lotus Forum

Emira Fan

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
#21 · 15h ago
Hi all, I just spoke with my dealer and he told me lotus is now also pushing US emiras to 400hp with the i4. Maybe it has to do with the fact that lotus is discontinuing the v6 due to Toyota no longer making that engine going forward. These are words straight out of my lotus dealer’s mouth just minutes before posting. Someone see if other lotus dealerships are also saying the same thing

--------
Does anyone have a good rapport with their US dealer, and can confirm or dispel this post?

If true that would be nice but it sounds suspect! Ask them to show you documentation that lotus is pushing i4’s to 400hp for the US market.

They did that for the China market, so it could possibly happen here, but it's all speculation until we have confirmed sources. I kinda doubt the NA market would do that after advertising the i4 power and taking orders already. Though I guess buyers wouldn't complain when their order arrives with more power.

We discussed this possibility here on this forum. My money is on someone reading it here, mentioning it to the dealer, some game of telephone happens, and now the dealer is telling customers this is what's going to happen just to have something to say other than "I don't know."

Plus has anyone got a "detuned" i4 on the rollers yet? It wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that the whole 360bhp thing was just a marketing ploy to position the V6 as the flagship spec. I strikes me that it's probably more trouble to run two different tunes than it is to have one standard.

Has anyone in the US received a VIN yet, if so we can run through the VIN decoder (if that really means anything)...

Thx, Interesting. If you can't sort of confirm the other one, doesn't make much sense to have a V6 making the same amount of power imo.... perhaps one can speculate that that they are thinking indeed in discontinuing the V6 sooner rather than later, but who knows.

I heard the same from a reputable dealer. Lotus confirmed with them that US is getting 400 hp for the i4.

Last edited:
Has anyone in the US received a VIN yet, if so we can run through the VIN decoder (if that really means anything)...
We know what the VIN will say. It will be "KM" instead of "KA". The Lotus official VSI site doesn't know about the "M" engine code yet.

The VIN decoder filed with NHTSA indicates a 400HP I4. This is the strongest evidence that I know of indicating that the I4s coming to the US will be 400HP. I'd put the odds at 50/50. 50% this is just a silly mistake by Lotus that they don't yet realize.

Is it possible that First edition i4's will be 360 BHP or "KA" engine.

Since the base configurator is to be launched - could we see the Base Emira with 360 BHP and Emira S @ 400 BHP? I feel like this is more likely and falls in line with Eletre nomenclature.

Big question is what happens to V6? - Final edition???

Is it possible that First edition i4's will be 360 BHP or "KA" engine.

Since the base configurator is to be launched - could we see the Base Emira with 360 BHP and Emira S @ 400 BHP? I feel like this is more likely and falls in line with Eletre nomenclature.

Big question is what happens to V6? - Final edition???
So FE i4 400hp, base i4 360hp, Emira S i4 400hp?

I too want to know what happens to the v6…

So FE i4 400hp, base i4 360hp, Emira S i4 400hp?

I too want to know what happens to the v6…
all unconfirm except that Toyota have announced that they're closing down the V6 production line now that it's no longer being used in any of they own vehicles. (last was some 2023 model that was only sold in a few countries). I assumed that they did give all the OEM user a heads up but it seems that Toyota is allocating the remaining production volume to varies OEM customer rather than allowing them to place additional orders.

Toyota have announced that they're closing down the V6 production line now that it's no longer being used in any of they own vehicles.
Source? I know Toyota has dropped the engine from their cars, but I thought it was still being used in the Lexus. I haven't seen an announcement that they are actually closing the factory lines.

Last edited: