Intermittent delay when pressing start button to car actually starting

ttvetdoc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have about 2000 miles on my Emira and I was in the first batch of cars to reach NA. Over the last few days, I have noticed an intermittent delay when pressing the start button. Instead of the car firing right up, it takes 1-2 seconds after I press the button before the engine fires. I'm concerned this may indicate an impending issue as this has never happened in the first 2,000 miles. I'll try to pin it down to whether it is consistent hot vs. cold starts, but just curious is anyone else has experienced this?

I feel like mine has always waited 1-2 seconds and I've never had a failure to start.

Mine does it as well. Sometimes it starts immediately, sometimes I have all the time to buckle up.
I experienced it after the update recall. It does not bother me as long as it is starting.
Built Feb 2023, 14.000 km on the clock

Same, always been like that. You can actually hear fuel pump etc immediately after pressing the button.
If you go Ignition on (press 5s) and then press again it'll start "faster". There is really nothing wrong, just systems getting ready.

Great! Good to know that others have experienced this and it's not a concern. It's just unusual that it occured all of a sudden after 2,000 miles. Anyways, I won't worry about it given that it's still starting up after the delay.