Is it weird I like driving it a lot more than modern 911's?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have had a 997,991, and a tuned 992.1 GTS.

The 992.1 GTS is a complete beast when its going over 120 or so.

But at slow speeds, I hate to say it.. but.. it is.. boring.

Honestly, I dont really get the hype on why enthusiasts love modern 911s.

I LOVE that brand it will always be near and dear to my heart.

But, god, get an Emira, do third-cat delete, eventuri, and rip that f*cker on a fall day with the windows down and theres nothin' like it (as far as I've experienced at least).

Its an epic emotional experience I have not had with a car before.

Maybe a GT3 would be slick, but, everything is so big..

Last edited:
I think the 911 is an incredible car... and more capable than the Emira
I'm just saying I don't think the driver has as much of a connected, emotional feeling anymore - unless you're going at illegal speeds.

The emira also feels smaller inside, which I like. Yes, its wider than the 911 but quite a bit shorter.
I mean, I don't know that I would say 8.7cm is QUITE a bit shorter. Park them next to each other and they will look almost the same size. Not the best photo but my old Evora parked next to my 991 did not look all that much smaller. And we know the Emira is a tad larger than the Evora. I will concede on the interior feeling smaller though. Having the rear engine layout gives the interior a very roomy feel.

1728496292466.png

Couldn't agree more...I've owned every variant of the 911 from The SC through the 991.1. (circa 1982-2013) And saw first hand how 911's morphed from a driver focus sports car to a large, heavy grand tourer. Modern 911's are marvels of engineering but they are no longer driver focused sports cars. New Porsche GT cars are more driver focused but models such as the GT3, GT3 Touring and S/T are nearly unobtainable from the dealer as a new allocation. Dealers cater to their uber-customers who buy them, park them, and flip them in a year to take a profit. All of this doesn't change the fact the the 911 in any of its various forms is just too big to be a true sports car by "traditional" definitions. If anyone doubts that statement look at a "G" body 911 next to a modern 911. From a size comparison, its like parking a Miata next to a 70's Cadillac. View attachment 53118
I have a 2020 911 and when I compare the size from my neighbor’s P (mid 90s) the size difference is evident. Reading all these posts excite me as I look forward to getting mine end of month post-PPF et al

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back