Is it weird I like driving it a lot more than modern 911's?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have had a 997,991, and a tuned 992.1 GTS.

The 992.1 GTS is a complete beast when its going over 120 or so.

But at slow speeds, I hate to say it.. but.. it is.. boring.

Honestly, I dont really get the hype on why enthusiasts love modern 911s.

I LOVE that brand it will always be near and dear to my heart.

But, god, get an Emira, do third-cat delete, eventuri, and rip that f*cker on a fall day with the windows down and theres nothin' like it (as far as I've experienced at least).

Its an epic emotional experience I have not had with a car before.

Maybe a GT3 would be slick, but, everything is so big..

Last edited:
991.1 is fantastic, 991.2 is fantastic, 992.1 is fantastic….add an Emira… = fantastic. I own 3 out of the 4, including a GT3. Such good cars. Most joy I get out of the Emira. But all of the are great. AMG GT…similar, sooooo good!
Nice collection! Always wanted a GT3. What model you have and how would you compare that car to the Emira?

But, god, get an Emira, do third-cat delete, eventuri, and rip that f*cker on a fall day with the windows down and theres nothin' like it (as far as I've experienced at least).

I have both a 997.1 and an Emira

Driving the Emira is definitely an occasion for sure. I love the looks and the exhaust sound. It's actually more comfortable than my modified 997.1 which is nice. I love that it's such an analog driving experience but also includes some modern accoutrements (heated seats, android auto, touch screen, tire pressure monitoring, etc.)

However, there are things that irk me about the Emira:
- the abrupt fuel cut off at redline or lifting off the accelerator at high RPM.
- pedal placement is skewed too much to the right (still getting used to it)
- in my ideal seating position, my elbows hit the seat bolsters during turning
- shifter does not like being rushed
- i wish it had rear seats like the Evora... but that's because I shove my young kids in the back of the 997 all the time
- it gets so much attention which I need to get used to but the introvert in me doesn't like

My 997.1 is definitely more sporty but that's inherent to the updates I made. The things I like better in my 997.1 are the ergonomics (pedal placement, seats, door sill height, forward/rear visibility). It can also fit my family of four on short fun drives. The NA flat 6 is more linear in power delivery and has a more refined demeanor.

My 997.1 has a bunch of mods (for recreational autox and spirited driving):
- Fister exhaust
- intake bypass
- GT3 sway bars front and rear
- elephant racing GT3 Lower control arms
- elephant racing Front camber plates
- elephant racing bump steer
- Bilstein B8 dampers
- Porsche M030 springs
- Numeric short shifter
- elephant racing bushings
- forgestar wheels with 235 front and 295 rear tire setups (mich PS4S)
- neg 3 deg camber all around

991.1 is fantastic, 991.2 is fantastic, 992.1 is fantastic….add an Emira… = fantastic. I own 3 out of the 4, including a GT3. Such good cars. Most joy I get out of the Emira. But all of the are great. AMG GT…similar, sooooo good!
I had a Carrera 2S 993 and it was fantastic.
They are all good.
But what I do think the Emira brings to the table is SuperCar looks and hands on 6 speed manual fun.
In the slow dying world of ICE cars the Emira I ordered which should arrive in March 2025 should rid me into the sunset on ICE cars.

I have no idea why anyone would ever buy an electric sports car .
The engine , exhaust , manual transmission etc…. Gives the driving the attached experience regardless of the speed you are traveling .

I once read that you know a great sports car when even when it is standing still they look like they are in motion !

I could not agree more. I have a 2024 Corvette C8 that is z51 and I track it. I just took possession of my emira 2024 and although the performance is not as strong and the ride is a bit rougher - there is an emotional experience you get from driving it. They way the car feels every bit of the road, the way the steering is so tight, and all though the brakes can be a bit grabby once you acquire the right response they are perfect. I've driven porches, Lamborghinis, corvettes etc. and I have to say that the overall driving experience with the Emira is 2nd to none. And definitely the best car lotus has ever developed for the consumer market.

A+ for the emotional drive experience of the Lotus Emira. It's sassy, responsive, and gives you that emotional experience of feeling the road. It makes me feel like I've never driven a car before :)

I have both a 997.1 and an Emira

Driving the Emira is definitely an occasion for sure. I love the looks and the exhaust sound. It's actually more comfortable than my modified 997.1 which is nice. I love that it's such an analog driving experience but also includes some modern accoutrements (heated seats, android auto, touch screen, tire pressure monitoring, etc.)

However, there are things that irk me about the Emira:
- the abrupt fuel cut off at redline or lifting off the accelerator at high RPM.
- pedal placement is skewed too much to the right (still getting used to it)
- in my ideal seating position, my elbows hit the seat bolsters during turning
- shifter does not like being rushed
- i wish it had rear seats like the Evora... but that's because I shove my young kids in the back of the 997 all the time
- it gets so much attention which I need to get used to but the introvert in me doesn't like

My 997.1 is definitely more sporty but that's inherent to the updates I made. The things I like better in my 997.1 are the ergonomics (pedal placement, seats, door sill height, forward/rear visibility). It can also fit my family of four on short fun drives. The NA flat 6 is more linear in power delivery and has a more refined demeanor.

My 997.1 has a bunch of mods (for recreational autox and spirited driving):
- Fister exhaust
- intake bypass
- GT3 sway bars front and rear
- elephant racing GT3 Lower control arms
- elephant racing Front camber plates
- elephant racing bump steer
- Bilstein B8 dampers
- Porsche M030 springs
- Numeric short shifter
- elephant racing bushings
- forgestar wheels with 235 front and 295 rear tire setups (mich PS4S)
- neg 3 deg camber all around
Pics of the 997? Sounds like a neat set of mods.

@swisscheese give the GRP short shifter a try. Now I can shift normally and fast. It was an unexpected delight.

@BWS 993 C2S is a dream car, but at today's prices more of a collector's car than an enthusiast. and I agree. I do not get electric sports cars. Speed itself is not fun otherwise I would get a Tesla Model X and call it a sports car. It's about the driving dynamics, experience and feeling of being in control.

I have no idea why anyone would ever buy an electric sports car .
The engine , exhaust , manual transmission etc…. Gives the driving the attached experience regardless of the speed you are traveling .
I like all that, but the party is ending. The planet is getting hot and changes will need to be made. I will enjoy the Emira as long as I’m allowed, then it will be type 135.

@swisscheese give the GRP short shifter a try. Now I can shift normally and fast. It was an unexpected delight.

@BWS 993 C2S is a dream car, but at today's prices more of a collector's car than an enthusiast. and I agree. I do not get electric sports cars. Speed itself is not fun otherwise I would get a Tesla Model X and call it a sports car. It's about the driving dynamics, experience and feeling of being in control.
I’ve owned every 911 Gen from the 964 on and I have to agree with you. The 911’s are too dialed in at street legal speeds- like driving on rails. The Emira is a thrill at any speed and more engaging.
1,500 miles and all grins 👍

Love the Porsches, only have the 992.2 4S and one day would love to get a GT3. I just got my Emira and not much sit time since it’s now at the detail place. Great to know you enjoy driving your Emira, something I look forward doing

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back