• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

JQ Madtrace Magnetic Paddle Shifters Now Available for Emira Auto Cars!

GRP

Emira Fanatic
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We now have the magnetic paddle shifter kits from JQ Madtrace available to order up.
US stock will be arriving in the next week or so and will be shipping out immediately.
I have personally run these on a prior car I owned and they are top notch quality. They give a much more postive and better feel over the oem paddles.
Let us know if you have any questions!

JQ Madtrace Paddle Shifters

82A0359.jpg

I had a set of these in my BMW M4, absolutely loved the clicky magnetic feeling vs the mushy stock ones. These are gonna be a must for all auto/i4 buyers.

How easy are these to fit, is it a wheel-off job, or can they be fitted in situ?

Reactions: GRP
How easy are these to fit, is it a wheel-off job, or can they be fitted in situ?
The wheel does have to come off to fit them up.
We will have a wheel removal doc posted on our site under the custom wheels page later today if you want to check it out for reference on what needs to be done. Its a pretty simple 1-1.5hr job.

Can the carbon paddles be changed for the OEM ones for more OEM look with the magnetic, clicky feel?

Can the carbon paddles be changed for the OEM ones for more OEM look with the magnetic, clicky feel?
Unfortunately not, the oem paddles come off the wheel as a complete unit and these install as a complete replacement.

JQ Werks make different paddle styles for their Porsche versions; hopefully they will create different ones for Emira. Though having the "click" will be staisfying, the look of the paddle just seems too aftermarket.

Just out of curiosity, are magnetic paddle shifters safe for use with fancy watches, or is usage discouraged if you happen to be wearing a Patek Phillipe on your wrist? Not that I have one, and my car is a manual anyways.

JQ Werks make different paddle styles for their Porsche versions; hopefully they will create different ones for Emira. Though having the "click" will be staisfying, the look of the paddle just seems too aftermarket.
Yep, exactly, I wish they made just the clicky device and you could mount your OEM paddles on it.

Just out of curiosity, are magnetic paddle shifters safe for use with fancy watches, or is usage discouraged if you happen to be wearing a Patek Phillipe on your wrist? Not that I have one, and my car is a manual anyways.
Should be fine, the magnets are super small