• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Key Fob bottom Hinge

RyanGphoto

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I tried to search.. Does anyone know why there is a button on the bottom of the fob that unlocks a hinge at the bottom of the key fob? What is the purpose of this?

Thanks
Ryan G

ps I can't thread a set of keys through the key fob opening at all.

I tried to search.. Does anyone know why there is a button on the bottom of the fob that unlocks a hinge at the bottom of the key fob? What is the purpose of this?

Thanks
Ryan G

There is a key inside that goes to a key hole under the driver's door handle for no power situations.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-06 084437.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-07-06 084437.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 41

Thanks
Ryan G

The button at the bottom side does release the hinge at the bottom but also allows you to remove the cover for battery replacement. It's virtually impossible to remove it otherwise without damaging it. The manual doesn't tell you that but my dealer did.