• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Leaky windows

Mic

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All
washed the car today and noticed water droplets on the inside of the windows on both doors. Was not using pressure washer just a hose. But in any case water should not get through.
Looks like the water is running from the top edge of the window and making its way toward the front and then drips down.
Anyone else had this issue?

Attachments

• IMG_9049.JPG
    IMG_9049.JPG
    355.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_9053.JPG
    IMG_9053.JPG
    357.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_9054.JPG
    IMG_9054.JPG
    334.1 KB · Views: 115
It was one of your suggestions that prevented this issue on mine lol. Shin Etsu grease. Works like a charm.
thanks! will give it a try. But you would have thought Lotus would have produced a slightly thicker/wider seal that would make a tight fit with the glass- simple? My M4 Competition has no leaks. Do other makes with a frame less window have this issue.

thanks! will give it a try. But you would have thought Lotus would have produced a slightly thicker/wider seal that would make a tight fit with the glass- simple? My M4 Competition has no leaks. Do other makes with a frame less window have this issue.
I've heard of it, yeah. Use a Nitrile glove, put a dab of the grease on your finger, and start working it into the rubber seal. A little goes a long way. I did both seals on the door frame and door itself. No squeaks, no leaks.

Hi All
washed the car today and noticed water droplets on the inside of the windows on both doors. Was not using pressure washer just a hose. But in any case water should not get through.
Looks like the water is running from the top edge of the window and making its way toward the front and then drips down.
Anyone else had this issue?
have you ever done that hold-the-switch-down window calibration procedure from the owner's manual? I noticed a reduction in wind noise at speed after doing it.

both windows beforehand went at or below the door lines when fully lowered, and afterwards they showed just a bit proud when lowered. so it really can make an adjustment to the window position. I've washed the car at least 3x with a pressure washer and not a drop through the windows.

have you ever done that hold-the-switch-down window calibration procedure from the owner's manual? I noticed a reduction in wind noise at speed after doing it.

both windows beforehand went at or below the door lines when fully lowered, and afterwards they showed just a bit proud when lowered. so it really can make an adjustment to the window position. I've washed the car at least 3x with a pressure washer and not a drop through the windows.
That sounds promising. The window in my demo car was just barely showing when all the way down. I wonder if this is the correct calibration. Seems reasonable. I never roll the window down here in Texas anyway.

Had a look this morning. When lowered, the top edge of the glass was just slightly above the door panel which I believe thats how it should be. But in any case I went through the reset procedure to see if it made any difference but the glass parked itself in exactly the same position - both sides. Will have to try the grease.
Fort anyone else who wants to try this I have attached the process.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 66
This happens with mine too when power washing. I didn't realize it would happen with just a hose though, that's pretty hopeless.
it seems unintuitive until you do both, but...

When I used to wash cars with a nozzle on a garden hose, I was sending TONS of water at the car. With a pressure washer, 40-degree tip and suitable spray distance, it's more of a high-dispersal fan of water hitting the car. High pressure, low volume.

I think that depending on nozzle settings, spray angle and distance, a garden hose may make life harder on weather seals.

it seems unintuitive until you do both, but...

When I used to wash cars with a nozzle on a garden hose, I was sending TONS of water at the car. With a pressure washer, 40-degree tip and suitable spray distance, it's more of a high-dispersal fan of water hitting the car. High pressure, low volume.

I think that depending on nozzle settings, spray angle and distance, a garden hose may make life harder on weather seals.
Good point. I'll experiment more with those tips. My car has been at the dealer for almost two months now.... so I haven't had a chance to wash it again. Miss the damn thing.

Had a look this morning. When lowered, the top edge of the glass was just slightly above the door panel which I believe thats how it should be. But in any case I went through the reset procedure to see if it made any difference but the glass parked itself in exactly the same position - both sides. Will have to try the grease.
Fort anyone else who wants to try this I have attached the process.
Has anyone gotten this to work? I’ve tried it several times and never hear a click. What am I doing wrong?

Has anyone gotten this to work? I’ve tried it several times and never hear a click. What am I doing wrong?
i did not hear any clicks either....I tried both with engine off and engine on :unsure:

Can you shed some light on how to do this correctly? I tried and failed to hear a click or make any adjustment. I would like my window to be slightly above board. One is and the other is not.

I didn’t hear any clicks either, I just noticed that the full-down position before was lower than full-down after.

Just found the window seal on the passenger door is slightly deformed. Seems like it was crushed by the window. Driver side is normal. Haven't tested if this leaks water or not. Does anyone else see this?
Weixin Image_20240823162104.jpg

Weixin Image_20240823162109.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back