Lightweight seats

@Steve Tillett is it possible to order your seats and have the pads match the OEM red leather?

Edit: looks like I should have read the rest of the thread, seems it is possible.

Since you can't stich Lotus into the seats, is it possible to leave them blank?

Last edited:
@Steve Tillett is it possible to order your seats and have the pads match the OEM red leather?

Edit: looks like I should have read the rest of the thread, seems it is possible.

Since you can't stich Lotus into the seats, is it possible to leave them blank?
Yes blank is fine.
We are doing two red sets at the moment. So we are sending out leather samples to make sure they are a suitable match. Although we had permission to buy the leather, when we asked all they had in stock was the tan. Lotus are not ordering it at the moment.

1721714587196.gif

Yes blank is fine.
We are doing two red sets at the moment. So we are sending out leather samples to make sure they are a suitable match. Although we had permission to buy the leather, when we asked all they had in stock was the tan. Lotus are not ordering it at the moment.
>_> Stop removing the biggest barrier I have psychologically placed on myself to not spend some $5k dollars I need not spend especially with nowhere to put the stock seats. 🫠

There was a fan Photoshop of the Tillet seats with a yellow center stripe on alcantara. Does anyone know where that is?

There was a fan Photoshop of the Tillet seats with a yellow center stripe on alcantara. Does anyone know where that is?
That was Gregory Clarks design for how he wanted his seats. I think I put him off when I said we couldn't sell a seat with just Lotus on it and he was adamant that he wanted only the Lotus logo. We have to be wary of branding products as if they are original equipment. I don't want to upset any manufacturer.

Attachments

• Greg Clarkes idea yellow stripe.png
    Greg Clarkes idea yellow stripe.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 115
That was Gregory Clarks design for how he wanted his seats. I think I put him off when I said we couldn't sell a seat with just Lotus on it and he was adamant that he wanted only the Lotus logo. We have to be wary of branding products as if they are original equipment. I don't want to upset any manufacturer.
This with yellow seat belts 😵

Those are lovely. Thank you

Are there adaptors so you can use car seats in the living room or office?
We have made them for our seats.
I would think it would be easy enough with the Emira seat as the runners are flat based. Hole centres 420mm by 405 mm wide. I just wrapped mine up and stored them on a shelf, should the car ever be sold to a twenty stone man, or a four foot tall lady.
Are there adaptors so you can use car seats in the living room or office?

Attachments

• IMG_3920.jpg
    IMG_3920.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 79
Very interested in the seats. Do you have any solutions on the placement of the big module come with the oem seats? Also do we have a solution for removing any warning lights on dashboard?

Very interested in the seats. Do you have any solutions on the placement of the big module come with the oem seats? Also do we have a solution for removing any warning lights on dashboard?
With the warning lights I have some plugs from Gregs Race Parts. I need to get to the dealer and have the car reset but hopefully they will work. That being said I've been driving around for a year with them on. They are not that intrusive and I don't see them anymore but it would be nice if they would go away.
I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you mean by big module.

With the warning lights I have some plugs from Gregs Race Parts. I need to get to the dealer and have the car reset but hopefully they will work. That being said I've been driving around for a year with them on. They are not that intrusive and I don't see them anymore but it would be nice if they would go away.
I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you mean by big module.
Hi Steve. Thank you for your reply. The module I am referring is the sensors, wires, control modules for air bags, etc attached to the OEM seat. It looks like a flat black box with wires attached to it. I am wondering what is your method to fix it on the floor.

Hi Steve. Thank you for your reply. The module I am referring is the sensors, wires, control modules for air bags, etc attached to the OEM seat. It looks like a flat black box with wires attached to it. I am wondering what is your method to fix it on the floor.
I left it on the seat. I just unplugged these two plugs and the small seat belt receptor connector under the side of the cushion cover.

Attachments

• Emira plug yellow.jpg
    Emira plug yellow.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Emira plug Grey.jpg
    Emira plug Grey.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 18
Steve, do you know of anyone who has applied a Lotus decal on the carbon fibre between the head and back pads?

How far away from Kent are you? You are welcome to come and test my seats.
About 45mins to an hour so not that far. It’s just trying to find the time! Plus my Emira is with B&C to have the wiring loom replaced which will probably take another 2 weeks.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back