đź““ Journals Look at what I picked up today đź‘€

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.
Shifter linkage/cables may need some slight adjusting. Does it seem to happen more frequently when it's very cold out and less frequently as the car warms up?
It's about 1°C currently.

Hadn't had enough time in "warm" temperatures to differentiate between warm and cold, however it happens regardless of the cars temperature if I recall correctly.

Seems like another item for my next dealer visit :D

It's about 1°C currently.

Hadn't had enough time in "warm" temperatures to differentiate between warm and cold, however it happens regardless of the cars temperature if I recall correctly.

Seems like another item for my next dealer visit :D

Keep us posted!

Quick question for someone with a bit more knowledge: Is it typical for this "kind" of transmission to be a bit tricky to get in reverse sometimes?

@Kimmax the Lotus gearboxes are known for the slightly rough reverse gear. Mine has it, my Evora has it. Same for the 1st gear that is harder to get in. I have heard this from many owners over the years. My explanation was always that the gearboxes are somewhat "tuned" by Lotus to make work at the 400ish power range and that this (and the mechanical noise at low RPMs) are just part of their character.

@Kimmax the Lotus gearboxes are known for the slightly rough reverse gear. Mine has it, my Evora has it. Same for the 1st gear that is harder to get in. I have heard this from many owners over the years. My explanation was always that the gearboxes are somewhat "tuned" by Lotus to make work at the 400ish power range and that this (and the mechanical noise at low RPMs) are just part of their character.
I expected something like this!

It's my first Lotus so I wouldn't know hehe

Love the mechanical noise, adds very much to the character imo

Quick question for someone with a bit more knowledge: Is it typical for this "kind" of transmission to be a bit tricky to get in reverse sometimes? Sometimes it "hard" and sometimes it doesn't want to go in at all (at least I didn't want to force it in) without rolling a minimal amount.

Other gears are fine, first feels a bit hard sometimes, but I think it's supposed to be like that

My Emira is the same, when starting from cold it goes in fine, but once the car is warmed it takes a couple of tries to get it to slot in properly. Only noticed it for reverse, rest of the gears seem good!

Quick question for someone with a bit more knowledge: Is it typical for this "kind" of transmission to be a bit tricky to get in reverse sometimes? Sometimes it "hard" and sometimes it doesn't want to go in at all (at least I didn't want to force it in) without rolling a minimal amount.

Other gears are fine, first feels a bit hard sometimes, but I think it's supposed to be like that
Sometimes it's because the gear train Is still revolving, albeit slowly. My wife's Abarth 595 sometimes does it, as did 'proper' 1960's Mini Cooper Ss without synchromesh first gear. My S1 Elise too. The solution is to engage second gear first, to halt the rotation, because it will always select, then either engage first or reverse, whichever one you need.

This does sometimes happen on the V6 gearbox, regardless of whether it is warm or cold. I find if it seems a bit tricky then change into neutral and let the clutch fully up, then change into reverse and it goes in smoothly. Probably for the same reason that Mistral's solution works too.

I find this is particularly the case if, like me, you always start a manual car with the clutch depressed rather than just having it in neutral. So if my first move after starting the car is going to be reversing, my procedure will be to depress the clutch, start the engine, engage the clutch in neutral, depress the clutch, then select reverse gear.

I'll not lift a finger to fix this on a brand new car haha

It's not a little rattle here and there at max volume it's noise at under half volume and it's getting worse actually.

Bad thing about it is that the subwoofer doesn't seem to be easily accessible, neither from the inside nor from below (its placed behind the passenger seat to the right, somewhat "embedded" into the chassis), so I suspect it's going to be at least a 1-2 days fix.

Hopefully I'll find time in the next two weeks to get it sorted out and I'll let you know about the quality then. What I could hear so far is definitely headed into the right direction!
My driver side rear speaker was replaced. It rattled awfully at even low volume.

It’s no longer doing so but I’m very underwhelmed by the KEF system and can’t imagine how a standard audio system would be any worse in a 60k base model.

I’ve had Bose audio in a previous car and Shaker in my 2016 Mustang which were unmistakably premium the first time you used them.

The saving grace is the audio is never on as I prefer listening to the exhaust note.

My driver side rear speaker was replaced. It rattled awfully at even low volume.

It’s no longer doing so but I’m very underwhelmed by the KEF system and can’t imagine how a standard audio system would be any worse in a 60k base model.

I’ve had Bose audio in a previous car and Shaker in my 2016 Mustang which were unmistakably premium the first time you used them.

The saving grace is the audio is never on as I prefer listening to the exhaust note.
This is disappointing to hear. It seems an audio upgrade will be necessary if you want high quality sound.

Two quick shots, not that good, but I think for some every picture counts :D

Will get proper shots done, promise :LOL:

IMG_20230127_210341.jpg
IMG-20230127-WA0049.jpg