• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

📓 Journals Look at what I picked up today 👀

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.
Thanks for the insights.

Has your dealer said to do the running in oil change at 1500 km or is that you deciding to do it? In the UK Lotus has said you need to follow the running in guidance about max revs but there is no 1000 mile oil change, just carry on until 12 month service.
I was explicitly told there is break-in oil in currently and it should be changed after 1500km.
Max revs recommended at about 4500

Nice one!! What's the interior?

I'm DV with black wheels and yellow calipers also. I love it, although my god it's hard to keep clean!
You will be so happy driving this!!

Congrats mate!
Alcantara with yellow stitches. Looks and feels luxurious. The only thing I missed is the yellow center thingy on the steering wheel, but I'll probably just put some electrical tape on there :D

And yes, gets dirty quickly, but keeping it fresh is part of the fun!

I was explicitly told there is break-in oil in currently and it should be changed after 1500km.
Max revs recommended at about 4500
First of all congrats on your car and welcome to the german dellegation around here. ✌️🙂 Amazing spec and good choice to go Tour in my opinion!

Maybe your dealer didn't realise yet that the Emira does not follow the old Lotus maintenance pattern requirement of a "break in service" anymore. Lotus did this for the other cars in the past, but no longer for the Emira.

If the dealer did not change the oil prior to delivery, it is very unlikely that it is correct. Also see the service interval info in the cars computer and the handbook for reference :)

Rev limit at 4k rpm is common though.

Alcantara with yellow stitches. Looks and feels luxurious. The only thing I missed is the yellow center thingy on the steering wheel, but I'll probably just put some electrical tape on there :D

For the time being😜
This is exactly my second spec choice... Currently favouring nimbus, no BP (which I have to spin the delay roulette of a spec change), DC wheels but then everything else still the same as yours.
Only going nimbus because I know I'll never clean it! DV looks AMAZING! 👍👍👍

Thanks for the insights.

Has your dealer said to do the running in oil change at 1500 km or is that you deciding to do it? In the UK Lotus has said you need to follow the running in guidance about max revs but there is no 1000 mile oil change, just carry on until 12 month service.
Isn't it contradictory to drive gently for the first 1000 kilometres and then not change the oil?

:) :) Just washed!!!

Ready for the rain tomorrow!!!!!!

Who did I see on the A3/M25 roundabout this morning in the Seneca Blue??? NICE RIDE!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-01-13 at 13.51.49.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-01-13 at 13.51.49.jpeg
    442.9 KB · Views: 181
Not what I hoped to see in my first 1500km.. Check-Engine just came on while driving at some point. I'll let the dealer read it out tomorrow.

Handbook says something with the exhaust system.

IMG-20230115-WA0014.jpeg

Good news!

Shop read it out. The exhaust flap/valve got suck at some point or didn't react as expected. Parts were checked and tested and operate as intended. Guess it needs some break-in miles as well? :D

Apparently it happened to one of their test cars too, hope this doesn't become a repeating issue. They could weld that thing open if you ask me 🤫

About the oil change.. my seller was the one who initially told me the change after 1500km was needed. After asking for reassurance after reading about it not being required on the Emira anymore he checked something (?) and agreed.

The shop today (another official Lotus) asked me again about the change. Told him again and he told me they were explicitly told its required at their Emira technical training. He called someone at Lotus... and they weren't sure either 😂 They sent it further up and will let me know what the office guidance is.

Required or not I'll probably do a change at 2500km anyway, it's a new engine after all. I think some shavings are inevitable.

Quick snap of Nimbus Gray, was in a hurry sry!

Attachments

• IMG-20230116-WA0005.jpeg
    IMG-20230116-WA0005.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 131
Soundsystem sounds nice, balanced. However heavy bass rattles something in the interior which is very enjoying. Probably something needs to be fastened, I'll check that out in daylight.
Congrats! To reduce the rattling from the bass, you may consider using Damplifier deadening mats to reduce vibration.

When you get a chance, please provide more feedback on the KEF sound system. How does it compare to other automotive sound systems that you've heard? What do you like (or dislike) about the KEF system? Thanks!

Congrats! To reduce the rattling from the bass, you may consider using Damplifier deadening mats to reduce vibration.

When you get a chance, please provide more feedback on the KEF sound system. How does it compare to other automotive sound systems that you've heard? What do you like (or dislike) about the KEF system? Thanks!
I'll not lift a finger to fix this on a brand new car haha

It's not a little rattle here and there at max volume it's noise at under half volume and it's getting worse actually.

Bad thing about it is that the subwoofer doesn't seem to be easily accessible, neither from the inside nor from below (its placed behind the passenger seat to the right, somewhat "embedded" into the chassis), so I suspect it's going to be at least a 1-2 days fix.

Hopefully I'll find time in the next two weeks to get it sorted out and I'll let you know about the quality then. What I could hear so far is definitely headed into the right direction!

Just got final word back from Lotus via dealer: There is no more after-sales service.
Service is scheduled at every 15k kilometers or yearly, whatever comes first.
I'll do an oil change at 2500km anyways, can't hurt in the long run :D

Quick question for someone with a bit more knowledge: Is it typical for this "kind" of transmission to be a bit tricky to get in reverse sometimes? Sometimes it "hard" and sometimes it doesn't want to go in at all (at least I didn't want to force it in) without rolling a minimal amount.

Other gears are fine, first feels a bit hard sometimes, but I think it's supposed to be like that

Quick question for someone with a bit more knowledge: Is it typical for this "kind" of transmission to be a bit tricky to get in reverse sometimes? Sometimes it "hard" and sometimes it doesn't want to go in at all (at least I didn't want to force it in) without rolling a minimal amount.

Other gears are fine, first feels a bit hard sometimes, but I think it's supposed to be like that

Shifter linkage/cables may need some slight adjusting. Does it seem to happen more frequently when it's very cold out and less frequently as the car warms up?

It's not a little rattle here and there at max volume it's noise at under half volume and it's getting worse actually.
That sounds like either a loose fastener that's becoming more loose, or something that fell into a void space during manufacturing. It's quite common for a bolt or screw to end up in a spot it's not supposed to, even in scenarios where robots are doing the work. Things occasionally fall, and if the team can't find where it went, there's sometimes not a great deal they can do except put another bolt in where it was supposed to go.