• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Looking for Floor Mats for the Emira

orange

Reaction score
I would like to put protective mats in my Emira. I have checked WeatherTech and others and I can't find any for sale. Has anyone found some to buy? Or have you found something which fits closely or is best to buy and trim to fit?

Have anyone had any luck using universal trim to fit floor mats?
I considered them......at least temporarily until something becomes available, but the couple I looked at, you have to trim on predetermined section lines and they really didn't look like they would fit very well. Maybe better than nothing though. My Lotus mats are already looking poorly after just 6 weeks!

Try "Witamats.com". We have them in two of our cars. Very happy with the results. They have an Emira template. Custom made in various colors. Ships in less than two weeks. Two front mats about $135.
Thank you very much for your recommendation:love:, our company has recently paid special attention to the feedback from Emira owners, we can make Emira left and right hand drive car mats, if you have any suggestions, please feel free to let us know, we highly value our customers' feedback.🩷🧡💛💚🩵

Received the Witamats front floor mats today, that I ordered May 8: I selected the less expensive “black and red luxury custom car mats”. Expect I would have received them sooner, but Witamats contacted me May 10 to say the set they made for someone else didn’t fit, so they were retooling the mats. Then contacted me May 11 and said their design team was working on it and they expected to have it figured out in a week or two. Keep in mind I’m in Canada so mailing time was longer compared to others who are closer. A bonus was the mats arrived w/o me being assessed any cross-border duty. An added bonus (now that I've driven the car) is that there's a slight noise reduction in the cabin, due to the thick leather mats.

I ordered and paid for both the 2 front mats and the matching rear trunk mat, but didn’t get the rear mat. I’ll follow-up to see if it was shipped separately or simply missed.

It took some effort but they did fit and I’m very happy with the look. I’ve never had mats that cover so much area (the sides and most of the door sill) making it look like a custom interior. Note: the mats stayed in place while moving the seats front and back, so no problem there.

Some niggly points which may concern others (not me; again I’m pleased with these mats, like the look and recommend them to anyone else who likes the look):

1. The original mats have 2 holes in each, which mate to 2 “pegs” that stick up from the floor, when pressed down onto each peg. I’ve had the same set-up in many of my other vehicles. I’d not paid attention to the OEM mats and was surprised to see the pegs, when others complained about the OEM plastic screws which didn’t seat well into the floor, so people have been purchasing metal replacement screws which supposedly work better to keep the mats on the floor. There must be 2 different ways these OEM Emira mats sit on the floor (my "pegs" and a screw system). Anyway, the Witamats don’t have holes so they sit over top of the pegs. However the mats don’t move, the bump created by the peg isn’t that noticeable, and I suppose water sitting on top of the Witamats could drain through any holes, had they made holes. Not a big deal for me.

2. Some of the Witamat backing had a Velcro-like way of attaching to the Emira carpet, making install more fun. However some of the Witamat didn’t attach flush to the carpet at a few edges, w/o that Velcro effect. The downside to “all Velcro” would have been making install ++++ more difficult with every piece of the Witamat sticking to the carpet while trying to man-handle it in. The upside would have been a flush fit to all edges. That said, it may take a couple days for the Witamats leather to mould itself to the Emira curves, especially since it was mailed out in a tight bundle with its edges squished out of shape. Regardless, if the loose edges remain I’ll simply use double-sided tape in a few spots, to snug it up to the carpet.

3. The passenger side has a small storage pocket close to the stick shift area, with a mesh net. The Witamats covers that up. That either eliminates the pocket or makes it difficult to use: someone could pull the mat away and place something in the pocket. But IMO it's a small pocket and not all that functional and cutting the Wimamat lower to expose the pocket, would have made the mat look odd in that area.

This post is long enough so I’ll post photos separately. Hope you don’t mind the detail but I’ve been contacted by other Forum members asking about these Witamats.

PS: I forgot to mention the mats came with a plastic bag (see photo below) containing a number of plastic tear-drop shapes with a hole in each, some hard plastic “round thumb-tacks” that were obviously meant to press into the holes to connect the tear-drop shapes to the mat, some double-sided tape, and NO directions. The website install videos provided directions. Mats normally come with the thin tear-drop shapes attached strategically on the edges, so they can be slid under vehicle plastic mouldings near the edges of the mats, to better tether the mats. My mats came with none installed, suggesting Witamats hadn’t figured out where to put these “tear-drop wedge pieces” on the mats, for the Emira. Anyway, my mats went on OK w/o using any plastic wedges. Finally, they did forget my Emira trunk mat and asked me to take and send photos of my trunk. So it seems like they’re still figuring out the Emira trunk dimensions. Witamats responds promptly so I’m confident I’ll get my trunk mat.

View attachment 46623
Received the Witamats front floor mats today, that I ordered May 8: I selected the less expensive “black and red luxury custom car mats”. Expect I would have received them sooner, but Witamats contacted me May 10 to say the set they made for someone else didn’t fit, so they were retooling the mats. Then contacted me May 11 and said their design team was working on it and they expected to have it figured out in a week or two. Keep in mind I’m in Canada so mailing time was longer compared to others who are closer. A bonus was the mats arrived w/o me being assessed any cross-border duty. An added bonus (now that I've driven the car) is that there's a slight noise reduction in the cabin, due to the thick leather mats.

I ordered and paid for both the 2 front mats and the matching rear trunk mat, but didn’t get the rear mat. I’ll follow-up to see if it was shipped separately or simply missed.

It took some effort but they did fit and I’m very happy with the look. I’ve never had mats that cover so much area (the sides and most of the door sill) making it look like a custom interior. Note: the mats stayed in place while moving the seats front and back, so no problem there.

Some niggly points which may concern others (not me; again I’m pleased with these mats, like the look and recommend them to anyone else who likes the look):

1. The original mats have 2 holes in each, which mate to 2 “pegs” that stick up from the floor, when pressed down onto each peg. I’ve had the same set-up in many of my other vehicles. I’d not paid attention to the OEM mats and was surprised to see the pegs, when others complained about the OEM plastic screws which didn’t seat well into the floor, so people have been purchasing metal replacement screws which supposedly work better to keep the mats on the floor. There must be 2 different ways these OEM Emira mats sit on the floor (my "pegs" and a screw system). Anyway, the Witamats don’t have holes so they sit over top of the pegs. However the mats don’t move, the bump created by the peg isn’t that noticeable, and I suppose water sitting on top of the Witamats could drain through any holes, had they made holes. Not a big deal for me.

2. Some of the Witamat backing had a Velcro-like way of attaching to the Emira carpet, making install more fun. However some of the Witamat didn’t attach flush to the carpet at a few edges, w/o that Velcro effect. The downside to “all Velcro” would have been making install ++++ more difficult with every piece of the Witamat sticking to the carpet while trying to man-handle it in. The upside would have been a flush fit to all edges. That said, it may take a couple days for the Witamats leather to mould itself to the Emira curves, especially since it was mailed out in a tight bundle with its edges squished out of shape. Regardless, if the loose edges remain I’ll simply use double-sided tape in a few spots, to snug it up to the carpet.

3. The passenger side has a small storage pocket close to the stick shift area, with a mesh net. The Witamats covers that up. That either eliminates the pocket or makes it difficult to use: someone could pull the mat away and place something in the pocket. But IMO it's a small pocket and not all that functional and cutting the Wimamat lower to expose the pocket, would have made the mat look odd in that area.

This post is long enough so I’ll post photos separately. Hope you don’t mind the detail but I’ve been contacted by other Forum members asking about these Witamats.

PS: I forgot to mention the mats came with a plastic bag (see photo below) containing a number of plastic tear-drop shapes with a hole in each, some hard plastic “round thumb-tacks” that were obviously meant to press into the holes to connect the tear-drop shapes to the mat, some double-sided tape, and NO directions. The website install videos provided directions. Mats normally come with the thin tear-drop shapes attached strategically on the edges, so they can be slid under vehicle plastic mouldings near the edges of the mats, to better tether the mats. My mats came with none installed, suggesting Witamats hadn’t figured out where to put these “tear-drop wedge pieces” on the mats, for the Emira. Anyway, my mats went on OK w/o using any plastic wedges. Finally, they did forget my Emira trunk mat and asked me to take and send photos of my trunk. So it seems like they’re still figuring out the Emira trunk dimensions. Witamats responds promptly so I’m confident I’ll get my trunk mat.

View attachment 46623
Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestions on witamats. We attach great importance to the experience of Emira car owners; because we found that only a few floor mat factories design floor mats for this model;
We recently specially found the owner of Emira to scan the car; the mat models including left-hand drive and right-hand drive cars, as well as the trunk have been designed;
And the sides of the mat have been optimized and adjusted.
If you are willing to try it or have other suggestions, please feel free to contact us

Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestions on witamats. We attach great importance to the experience of Emira car owners; because we found that only a few floor mat factories design floor mats for this model;
We recently specially found the owner of Emira to scan the car; the mat models including left-hand drive and right-hand drive cars, as well as the trunk have been designed;
And the sides of the mat have been optimized and adjusted.
If you are willing to try it or have other suggestions, please feel free to contact us
Hi Witamats! I'm looking forward to trying your product and I emailed with you briefly earlier this year.

Do you also intend to make a mat that covers the parcel shelf area behind the front seats? And were you able to scan this area?

An end to my “Witamats story”: I received the final piece of the puzzle today: the trunk/boot mat I ordered just over 4 months ago, which I ordered with the inside mats. It took just over a month to get the 2 inside mats, with Witamats telling me they needed to figure out the trunk dimensions before making the trunk mat. They’ve now done that. The trunk mat fits well and is an exact match for my interior mats.

While I’m not planning to spill anything in my trunk, it’s nice to have an extra layer of protection. The one downside others should consider, is the extra trunk heat retention caused by the layer of thicker leather on the bottom of the trunk. That may deter some from ordering the trunk mat as part of the set.

I see someone is asking if Witamats will make something for the shelf behind the seats. That would be a nice touch for my car.

All that said, despite the wait, I’m pleased with my Witamats set. It’s nice to have a manufacturer who makes mats that fit the Emira. We have too few after-market choices.

Hi Witamats! I'm looking forward to trying your product and I emailed with you briefly earlier this year.

Do you also intend to make a mat that covers the parcel shelf area behind the front seats? And were you able to scan this area?
Thank you for your interest in our products;
Can you take a photo and tell us where you need the mat?
You can send pictures to our customer service email
[email protected]

An end to my “Witamats story”: I received the final piece of the puzzle today: the trunk/boot mat I ordered just over 4 months ago, which I ordered with the inside mats. It took just over a month to get the 2 inside mats, with Witamats telling me they needed to figure out the trunk dimensions before making the trunk mat. They’ve now done that. The trunk mat fits well and is an exact match for my interior mats.

While I’m not planning to spill anything in my trunk, it’s nice to have an extra layer of protection. The one downside others should consider, is the extra trunk heat retention caused by the layer of thicker leather on the bottom of the trunk. That may deter some from ordering the trunk mat as part of the set.

I see someone is asking if Witamats will make something for the shelf behind the seats. That would be a nice touch for my car.

All that said, despite the wait, I’m pleased with my Witamats set. It’s nice to have a manufacturer who makes mats that fit the Emira. We have too few after-market choices.
Thank you very much for your recognition of us. We are very encouraged. If you have other needs, please feel free to contact us through our customer service email. We will do our best to meet the needs of Emira car owners.💙

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back