Lotus Communications

...and still @TomE can't get his car. This is what blows my mind the most. Feeling better each day about my decision.
I would rank our Tom higher than YouTubers in respect to getting a delivery. Imagine this board if Tom was chronicalizing his ownership love for 60 days. Giving out test drives at his weekly meets, photos trips chatting, a real brand ambassador (as long as he dug the car of course) swing and miss hethel ffs

I may not be one to talk, although thats never stopped me so far, but this thread is for people to explain why they cancelled their orders right....Ive read 3 pages and can't see hardly anyone actually cancelling or explaining why they did so, ;), but well at least my posts get deleted for being off topic or aggressive towards others in the east midlands.... cant see whats wrong with that ;).

I would say from a business point of view, with the model Lotus have chosen of releasing the first car with everything on it, it would be a terrible idea to let people change to the base edition and I certainly would not allow it if I were them. Imagine, people found out the Kef sound system is pretty awful and the seats are at best average, why then are we paying 15-17k extra for them?? Obviously at that point, many MANY people including myself would love to swap to a base edition and save this money, by getting none electric seats, maybe more comfy, and a normal stereo, which cant be much worse.

However, again, from Lotus's point of view, the cash cow of the FE would fall apart and there would be so many people switching their whole profit model would collapse. Hence, is it so hard to understand that they cant let anyone change, as if they let one person change, be they legacy, be they newby, be they polite and never bother anyone, or someone who calls CS every 2nd day, it would potentially lead to hundreds of requests to change. Bad business practise.... you're in or you're out (I dont know where I am, but one rule for one and another for others is good with me :)).
Finally, I guess 10% of people who have ordered an Emira are on here or have passed through here, maybe 2 3 or even 5% are regularly on here. And if you weren't on here, you would have far less of a sounding board to shout at and not many would listen to you. Hence, your complaints (and mine) would fall on deaf ears, your wife could not give a xxxx, just as the upper management and head of lotus CS dont. This would possibly mean that in many cases you just accept the delays and lack of communication and await your car patiently, or CANCEL.... But without all the crap flowing through here, perhaps there is less likelihood of cancelling? Here is a place for anger and frustration to fester... and it makes it worse. Its like going to prison... you meet more bloody criminals, worse than yourself.. haha
I estimate, from this forum quite a few will / have cancelled, be interesting to know the actual number... maybe not more than 10-15% in reality and perhaps as low as 5%? Away from here perhaps there are even less cancellations, or maybe more now with interest rates..... Just saying, being on here I think its more likely you will be OUT..... but I dont think you can be in and out, have your cake and eat it. Speaking of which, my italian neighbour, cross fit champion (female) brought me some cake from her local home town...if anyone wants it, there is almond essence present and if there is one thing I dislike more than the yaris GR and Alpine, its almond essence :).
My how things have changed since Launch.
Remember when it was said 'we are rewarding early adopters with the FE Emira?'
The rewards haven't quite materialized and few are feeling special.
Not sure if that cake counts.

I think your dealer screwed you on getting you to cough up $10k deposit.
To the best of my knowledge Lotus only required the US dealerships to take a $2,500 refundable deposit.
Was also told and shown by my dealership that they collected that deposit but then sent it to Lotus
I’m not sure what other dealerships did
But would be interested to know if different
Depends on the dealership. Originally Park Place in Seattle was accepting $2500, but that got bumped to $5k to weed people out I think?

Almost want to email dealer now to cancel out of solidarity and wave the fist at Lotus at this point. Haha it’s just one negative experience after another.

Almost want to email dealer now to cancel out of solidarity and wave the fist at Lotus at this point. Haha it’s just one negative experience after another.
I think as a US/CAN customer, we need to leave the shambles of the UK launch alone. Yes, our cars will still be delayed, but at least they are sorting production issues in the meantime. Also a lot of the issues present are from the fumbling and plainly idiotic CS related mostly to the new direct selling model. Terribly launched car. Focus more about how your US dealer treats you, and if they are courteous and competent. (and close proximity :ROFLMAO:) Besides that, the Emira will be a far rarer machine over here and a lot more special than in the UK. On a better note, we have yet to hear about an Emira that has been sidelined due to malfunction. Seems like all the known issues have been resolved quickly and nothing very serious.....yet. Until then, I have not seen anything to make me want to leave. If we get treated like the UK guys have been, well that is different. Then ya, I don't think I can handle the level of BS, it is hard enough to read about, never mind deal with.

Last edited:
Lotus and the dealers are losing money EVERY day. Multiple dealers are getting calls with cancellations daily as the BASE customer reservations are dropping like flies and are fed up.

Doubtful there is anyone else behind me in line which is why they won't give me a deposit back.....what good pr to offer someone an FE slot.
Yes, and from what i have been told by Porsche dealers, these deposit holders are dropping out and walking straight to their local Porsche dealer. So instead of Lotus thinking they are attracting Porsche customers. Those people who are use to very good service, see what Lotus are like, then go straight back to Porsche. The 2 Porsche dealers i visited have said "keep it up Lotus" as they are benefitting from Lotus poor service/communications.

Yes, and from what i have been told by Porsche dealers, these deposit holders are dropping out and walking straight to their local Porsche dealer. So instead of Lotus thinking they are attracting Porsche customers. Those people who are use to very good service, see what Lotus are like, then go straight back to Porsche. The 2 Porsche dealers i visited have said "keep it up Lotus" as they are benefitting from Lotus poor service/communications.
That's funny, because my experience with my local Porsche dealer is entirely the opposite. They are snooty and standoffish, and act like they don't need or want business.

That's funny, because my experience with my local Porsche dealer is entirely the opposite. They are snooty and standoffish, and act like they don't need or want business.
Exactly my experience. I went to our local dealer just to see a GT3RS/GT4RS (both $110k markup but listed final amount as market value price and then gave a discount of $10k. I asked about MSRP vs their MVP .... he kinda tap danced and then didn't talk to me after that so I just browsed :). Nice cars though

Lotus probably attracted buyers that hadn't even thought about a Sports Car like this before and then handing Porsche NEW customers. That would be ironic 😪

I think your dealer screwed you on getting you to cough up $10k deposit.
To the best of my knowledge Lotus only required the US dealerships to take a $2,500 refundable deposit.
Was also told and shown by my dealership that they collected that deposit but then sent it to Lotus
I’m not sure what other dealerships did
But would be interested to know if different
@Maurice R I would not default to getting screwed. Initially Lotus wanted 2500 but they were getting so many requests from US that they bumped it to 5k. So early birds got 2.5k but then after a certain date then it was increased to 5k. Again this is all refundable until the order was actually placed. Some dealerships made the deposits nonrefundable after the order was matched to an allocation and even asked for more. Over the past three years, I've ordered four new cars. Two dealerships required deposits that were nonrefundable after order placed, one dealership had my deposit as refundable up until I received the keys, and one dealership didn't require any deposit at all. So it depends on the policies of the dealership and also there are state laws that impact deposits as well.

If you were able to only put down $2500 and have a FE v6 locked in then kudos to your dealership.

By my deposit in September 2021, it was 2500 refundable deposit, but submitting an order after getting an allocation would take an additional 2500 and the whole 5000 becomes nonrefundable.

@Maurice R I would not default to getting screwed. Initially Lotus wanted 2500 but they were getting so many requests from US that they bumped it to 5k. So early birds got 2.5k but then after a certain date then it was increased to 5k. Again this is all refundable until the order was actually placed. Some dealerships made the deposits nonrefundable after the order was matched to an allocation and even asked for more. Over the past three years, I've ordered four new cars. Two dealerships required deposits that were nonrefundable after order placed, one dealership had my deposit as refundable up until I received the keys, and one dealership didn't require any deposit at all. So it depends on the policies of the dealership and also there are state laws that impact deposits as well.

If you were able to only put down $2500 and have a FE v6 locked in then kudos to your
Thanks for clarification. If your deposit is refundable that’s great
My dealership has been really good to work with.
My FE was locked in March 2021. No other payment required till car is built.
Whenever that is.

Have you paid more money. Either the full amount or Finance deposit?
Pretty poor show if so.
Get this:

I wrote an arsey email to LCC telling them what a piss poor show it was.

Got a phone call 2 hours later saying delivery was next week....

Was also told I'd receive the email after the call for final invoice....

Still waiting for that almost 24 hours later...

There are some broken cogs in that Lotus machine, I no longer care if I actually receive it next week.

Completely ruined the only time I will ever buy a new car,experience has been dire at best,I just hope the car delivers aswell as I hope...

Get this:

I wrote an arsey email to LCC telling them what a piss poor show it was.

Got a phone call 2 hours later saying delivery was next week....

Was also told I'd receive the email after the call for final invoice....

Still waiting for that almost 24 hours later...

There are some broken cogs in that Lotus machine, I no longer care if I actually receive it next week.

Completely ruined the only time I will ever buy a new car,experience has been dire at best,I just hope the car delivers aswell as I hope...
Really sad to hear
Bit like me cancelling and receiving my checkout email 3 hours later. Could be coincidence, but...
CS needs to be based at Hethel with more synergy between all the teams. I cant see it getting any better if not. Not quickly anyway.
Hopefully when you get the car all will be forgotten. Look fwd to seeing it 🥰

Day 3 of waiting for the invoice for delivery next week.
Day 3 of contacting them asking where it is...

Absolute dire ownership of tasks at Lotus...does not bode well for anybissues going forward

Does anyone have a contact other than LCC. I have sent a couple of feedback emails and been told they will pass them on but I never get any acknowledgment from anyone else . In the space of two days I have had three lots of incorrect information from LCC and no help with my questions

Does anyone have a contact other than LCC. I have sent a couple of feedback emails and been told they will pass them on but I never get any acknowledgment from anyone else . In the space of two days I have had three lots of incorrect information from LCC and no help with my questions
There are plenty of avenues you can follow up in regards to contacts.

But ultimately I don't think they really care at this point in time and you will just be yet another distraction to the job in hand (unless you require a specific urgent issue dealing with).

They obviously don't want to offer a poor experience. I have no doubt they know what they need to do to improve, but it either needs more time to implement procedure/capcity or it ls impeded by internal bureaucracy.

Ultimately it should have been sorted at the point the car was launched. But it wasn't. Hence we find ourselves having to be Guinea Pigs for production faults and service offering.
(Does any other country use the term Guinea Pig? Lol)

Last edited:
There are plenty of avenues you can follow up in regards to contacts.

But ultimately I don't think they really care at this point in time and you will just be yet another distraction to the job in hand (unless you require a specific urgent issue dealing with).

They obviously don't want to offer a poor experience. I have no doubt they know what they need to do to improve, but it either needs more time to implement procedure/capcity or it ls impeded by internal bureaucracy.

Ultimately it should have been sorted at the point the car was launched. But it wasn't. Hence we find ourselves having to be Guinea Pigs for production faults and service offering.
(Does any other country use the term Guinea Pig? Lol)
Yes a couple of specific questions , not just a whinge

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back