• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

LOTUS EMIRA ─ ECU Tuning options

When are we going to have tune option other than Jubu at 10 000$ canadian or 6-7K US. I cant wait to get a 430-440 tune reflash for 3K US and I am all in.

Without the 3rd cat + air filter + a tune, I am looking to be close to 450HP + 7200rpm. . I will continue to dream and 🙏 pray! Amen !

BOE FAB - GRP - Sector111 - MonkeyWrench any developments news for us about this ?

Last edited:
Does the Emira have a totally different ECU than the Evora and is harder to crack ? Because it is the same good old engine since decade I tought it was going to be a walk in the park to see some Emira Tune comes on the market but radio silence since.

I wish I could speak French 😝
After watching this with CC translation (which mostly worked), this is a bear of an upgrade. Jubu is basically recommending removing the engine to do all they did, otherwise they described the install in "less than polite" terms. If you're going to go this far, I would also get the valve spring upgrade, and the clutch disk/flywheel upgrade. All of this would be an expensive all-in upgrade. Listening to the in-car driving segment at the end, for me this car would just be too loud to be enjoyable to drive for any length of time. They also got an increase of only 40 hp, not 60 as they were expecting.

I'm thinking titanium headers, y-pipe with high flow cats, and muffler, along with the Eventuri would get you pretty close to what they got with the Jubu ECU upgrade. I got 17 hp just out of the Eventuri. The full Ti exhaust setup would probably add another 12 or thereabouts, so altogether you'd see about a 30 hp increase for much less than the 460 package, without all the install grief.

Caveat emptor. Is the North American CAN bus stream the same as the European? Is it the same between the USA and Canada? Does JUBU have working ECUs in North America? Have they worked out all the bugs? What is their customer service like? Should you wait until it’s been proven to work outside of Europe? Pretty expensive brick otherwise.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back