• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Emira Appreciation Thread

My neighbours must think I am loaded for swapping cars so much. First I had a Nimbus grey Emira, then a blue one for nearly 2 months (courtesy car), then I will have a Nimbus grey one again and finally it goes away for yellow PPF and will look totally different again. :ROFLMAO:
When driving my Nimbus lots of people come up to me in the petrol stations saying how nice it is but driving the blue one gets people pointing much more because it stands out so much.

The Emira is f*cking epic.

I recently put on the Eventuri and it totally, 100%, has more power.
2nd gear no longer seems weak.

I've been a bit up and down on the car.. mostly liking but but sometimes slightly confused.

Now, suddenly its like the perfect car.

I have a had a 997, 991 and 992.... and all those seem so boring to me now
I am actually kind of shocked more people are not buying Emiras.
Maybe they are?

(I do feel its not too fun for passengers tho. Its just kind of jarring and raw and I think passsengers are not ready for this. They also are not connected to the car like the driver is).

Its def not as practical as a porsche but a hell of a lot more fun.

Last edited:
I love how rare it is.

tempImagesXNMn5.jpg

Somehow that makes it way cooler than a $375k Italian sportscar. It manages to be more accessible and rarer at the same time.
I somehow hope that the Lotus Emira will stay that insider tip as it is. It really is meant "FOR THE DRIVERS" and as such it only attracts mostly those. And of course it's looks.

I also thought it would generate more desire on broader customer base, but especially here in Germany only die hard fans drive Lotus as this is "Porsche Land".

I even see similarities to the Alpine A110 here. It took literally ages for customer base to establish, now even in a Porsche forum there a many A110 owners now. But back in 2018/2019 when I testdrove the "Première Edition" it was like a unicorn.

We have to be patient and if Lotus continues building Emiras it will become even more popular under "ordinary people" and not the car enthusiasts.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back