Lotus Emira interior is pretty much Lynk & Co...

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Got me thinking about what other parts Lotus have raided in the LYNK & CO. parts bin.

Looked at some Chinese car websites and put together a few comparison photos for us to enjoy.

Very interesting, I know the Emira shared parts with Geely-owned Volvo but I didn't realise just how many parts from the Geely parts bin. I know this is common practice but I thought Lotus would have tried to avoid re-using parts from the parts bin considering how important the Emira was to the revival of Lotus Cars.
Thoughts anyone ?
Using switches from the parts bin available to Lotus through Geely definitely isn't an issue for me, they're been well integrated into the design and spending time developing their own bespoke switchgear really wouldn't have added anything to the car in my opinion.

Wow, I'm so glad there's a start/stop without the red guard. Might have to do this when I get the car.
I think the guard is part of the surrounding trim panel rather than the switch itself, so to get rid of the guard I think you'd need a different panel rather than a new switch.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here u are
Ah, thanks! I see the same part number for the R and L units, assuming the "23.04.xx" part is a manufacturing date...
R: 8891674308 574353 23.04.20
L: 8891674308 574353 23.04.17

SteeringSwitches.png

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
These are emira original part’s number,not physical switch part number.
Thanks for the clarification. Do you have the part numbers for the Lync & Co switches? They could be listed on the invoice you got. If not, would appreciate if you could ask the installer when you have the chance. Thanks!

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for the clarification. Do you have the part numbers for the Lync & Co switches? They could be listed on the invoice you got. If not, would appreciate if you could ask the installer when you have the chance. Thanks!
My friend at work is helping me get the part numbers. He found more videos on Chinese social media apps

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
OK, my friend thinks he has found a source or at least knows what he is looking for. If I can get hold of these, how much interest is there and what would be a fair price for these parts

IMG_6406.jpeg

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I might be driving my car home this week. Will let you know ASAP how annoying I find the haptics.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Personally, I prefer the look of the haptic, so I don’t plan to change if I can live with them. Having said that my friend told me he found on Chinese social media that new lynk and co cars are using physical buttons post 2023, and prior to that was haptic. so according to him, we are getting something from the “old” parts bin… I’d have guessed it was the other way…

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer the look of the haptic, so I don’t plan to change if I can live with them. Having said that my friend told me he found on Chinese social media that new lynk and co cars are using physical buttons post 2023, and prior to that was haptic. so according to him, we are getting something from the “old” parts bin… I’d have guessed it was the other way…

VW did something similar with the new GTIs. MK8s debuted a couple years ago with haptic touch buttons and 99% of journalists and buyers disliked them. So now they went back to actual buttons for MY2024 and everyone is happy again.