Lotus Emira interior is pretty much Lynk & Co...

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I was pretty blown away with how similar this interior is to the Emira... Let me know how many items the exact same. Other video's show how the infotainment works... Looks decent. I found the drive mode select, start button, volume control screen operating system and color scheme, climate vents are almost identical. Steering wheel controls and memory seat buttons.

Was it just me, or did it seem laggy at various points and pressing a few icons did nothing and she gave up..
I would also like to see a bright colorful display on the big screen...to see how apple carplay will look, this was black in 80% of its area all the time.... I guess you tube has videos of carplay on it too....
I would not say I am overwhelmed by it so far ... but better than old evora alpine system yes

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
There are only a handful of headlight manufacturers so it’s likely you’ll see some similarities. The Evora headlights came from the same supplier as used by Aston Martin.

Car trivia: the McLaren F1 uses the same front indicator lenses as the Esprit (and M100 Elan).

More trivia: The Lamborghini Diablo shared headlights with the Nissan 300ZX.

t43y33.jpg

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
More trivia: The Lamborghini Diablo shared headlights with the Nissan 300ZX.

View attachment 8160
thats a good one and photo evidence too!..

I've got one:
The Emira shares its delivery schedule with Gaudi's "Sagrada Familia" ...

I'll save some of you the wiki trip and tell you its still not finished:

On 19 March 1882, construction of the Sagrada Família began under architect Francisco de Paula del Villar. In 1883, when Villar resigned,[7] Gaudí took over as chief architect, transforming the project with his architectural and engineering style, combining Gothic and curvilinear Art Nouveau forms. Gaudí devoted the remainder of his life to the project, and he is buried in the crypt. At the time of his death in 1926, less than a quarter of the project was complete

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
thats a good one and photo evidence too!..

I've got one:
The Emira shares its delivery schedule with Gaudi's "Sagrada Familia" ...

I'll save some of you the wiki trip and tell you its still not finished:

On 19 March 1882, construction of the Sagrada Família began under architect Francisco de Paula del Villar. In 1883, when Villar resigned,[7] Gaudí took over as chief architect, transforming the project with his architectural and engineering style, combining Gothic and curvilinear Art Nouveau forms. Gaudí devoted the remainder of his life to the project, and he is buried in the crypt. At the time of his death in 1926, less than a quarter of the project was complete

Thankfully there's nothing Gaudí about the Emira's looks! 😂

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When Audi joined hands with VW, the same thing happend to Audi cars. LOL
Um... Audi has been a brand and product of Volkswagen since the "modern era" (postwar) Audi product line was launched by VW in the late 1960s. From the perspective of modern passenger car manufacturing, there has never been a time that Audi wasn't a VW product.

VW acquired the assets of Auto Union and DKW from Daimler-Benz in 1964. Before WWII, Audi/Auto Union AG was an independent company but they were liquidated during the defeat and liberation of Germany (and empire) and ended up as a subsidiary of Daimler. There's some great history on the wiki entry.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lynk & Co part bins raid is definitively a good thing….
I Totally Trust electronics from an exclusively EV brand and that’s how to keep Emira MRSP below £60k!
The EV focus across the industry really does improve the quality of all the other electronics... when every bit of current draw has implications for driving range, it finally gives car companies a reason to encourage good electrical engineering practices at the design stage and in their contractual relationships with suppliers.

For decades it's been a lot of the opposite - anything they could source that did the basic job and drew 12V DC would be more or less ok. Now that they actually have to pay attention to HOW things work, the fundamental quality of the integrated electronics is going way up.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
There's a company in Netherlands, Boonstra Auto Parts, that sells the versions that come with the Emira. If I had the part number I could look it up.

The numbers for the ones that come with the Emira are:

8891674308/574353/0096276783 for the right side
and
8891674308/574353/0096276784 for the left side

Screenshot 2024-02-11 at 5.15.40 PM.png

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There's a company in Netherlands, Boonstra Auto Parts, that sells the versions that come with the Emira. If I had the part number I could look it up.

The numbers for the ones that come with the Emira are:

8891674308/574353/0096276783 for the right side
and
8891674308/574353/0096276784 for the left side

View attachment 37095
Am I missing something here because the picture above looks like the oem ones I have and not like the previously mentioned versions with proper buttons?

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Am I missing something here because the picture above looks like the oem ones I have and not like the previously mentioned versions with proper buttons?
Yep, Eagle7 is saying he could find the Emira controls on the dutch website (screenshot above), and that if he knew the part number for the version with physical buttons he could look for that too.

yohc88

Reaction score
Got me thinking about what other parts Lotus have raided in the LYNK & CO. parts bin.

Looked at some Chinese car websites and put together a few comparison photos for us to enjoy.

Very interesting, I know the Emira shared parts with Geely-owned Volvo but I didn't realise just how many parts from the Geely parts bin. I know this is common practice but I thought Lotus would have tried to avoid re-using parts from the parts bin considering how important the Emira was to the revival of Lotus Cars

Well, looks like we can find a whole lot of cheap "LYNK & CO." accessories from Aliexpress, like this one

Even found these Emira steering wheel buttons too

Thoughts anyone ?

start.jpg
stalk.jpg
play-button.jpg
drivemode.jpg
3.jpg
ebrake.jpg
lever.jpg

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Got me thinking about what other parts Lotus have raided in the LYNK & CO. parts bin.

Looked at some Chinese car websites and put together a few comparison photos for us to enjoy.

Very interesting, I know the Emira shared parts with Geely-owned Volvo but I didn't realise just how many parts from the Geely parts bin. I know this is common practice but I thought Lotus would have tried to avoid re-using parts from the parts bin considering how important the Emira was to the revival of Lotus Cars
We are talking about Lotus here so having parts from the likes of Volvo is better than some of the previous switches and assorted parts used.
If you are making a new Ford Focus or VW Golf the R&D costs in percentage are nothing spread over their sales compared to Lotus.
I’m not sure the Emira is going to be the car that saves Lotus because they won’t make enough of them. Only time will tell if the EV cars will keep Lotus going or not.

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
All in all, "raiding the parts bin" is keeping with Lotus tradition. It would be great if it had its own special switches and buttons, but at what price?

Also, if these parts are manufactured by the millions for consumer cars that are expected to function for 150k+ miles, they are probably pretty robust and durable. I'm ok with less special switchgear if it lasts a long time.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wow, I'm so glad there's a start/stop without the red guard. Might have to do this when I get the car.
I agree it looks good but I’m not so sure the red flip cover will look good if it is a different red. Maybe the flip cover could be painted black as a contrast. Either way I look forward to someone doing this so I can see how it’s comes apart. 😁👍🏻

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I agree it looks good but I’m not so sure the red flip cover will look good if it is a different red. Maybe the flip cover could be painted black as a contrast. Either way I look forward to someone doing this so I can see how it’s comes apart. 😁👍🏻
Or vinyl wrap it in a nice gunmetal or something else that's more tone-on-tone.

yohc88

Reaction score
These are just covers and stick on top of existing start button with double-sided adhesive sticker.

I agree the red may not be ideal but the silver may look nice.
Screenshot 2024-02-14 101114.jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-14 101248.jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-14 101051.jpg

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I've found the model the button controls come from, the Lynk&Co 01 PHEV but I haven't been able to find the parts for it yet.

Lynk&Co-01 PHEV.jpg