• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Service Centers in Germany

emirahl

Reaction score
Hi to all, but specially to Emira owners in Germany!

First of all I am very happy with my Emira which I took over in April this year.

However, although the car is running perfectly alright I got some saftey recalls (by registered letters) from Lotus in August this year.
I contacted my Lotus Service Center near Munich, only to learn that Lotus terminated their contract. They did Lotus for almost 50 years.
On the webpage for Germany there were only a few other service centers left over. All around 400 km away from the location of my car. I contacted Lotus to learn where to do my re-calls. After many e-mails and phone calls the only answer was "sorry for inconvenience caused". They expect me to drive the car 400 km with saftey re-calls (checking breakes). They declined to send a technician to the "old service center" which offered to use their workshop to solve the problem. As well they declined to trailer the car to a service center.
Months later they told me a new service center is coming soon and gave me the contact. I contacted them, but they told me they are not ready yet but will inform me when they are.
Long story short, since several months there is no service center all over Bavaria.
My question:
How do other Emira owners overcome this problem. Do you drive your car 400 km to a service center or do you do nothing and wait until they finally have a service center again?

Looks like I am the only one having that problem. That explains why Lotus does not care at all.
No other Emiras sold in that area?

Well, I also have to drive from Berlin to Leipzig as there is no official dealer nearby. But that‘s „only“ 180km. 😌

I am happy to have 2 Lotus certificated car dealer/service center in my area near Düsseldorf, only 25 minutes by car. Hope they will stay…

Last edited:
I am from Nürnberg and bought my car with Komotec after the Lotus dealership in Nürnberg closed 2 years ago.
Have you tried these guys: https://mirbach.de/de/service/lotus
This around the corner for you. I sold my Evora to them some months back and they told me that they can Service my Emira as they have gotten training by Lotus and all the diagnosis tools required.

Hi,
i have to drive almost 270km to my dealer (Sportivo-Leipzig) but until now they are always doing a great job to my emy. I would take these 400km to get the problem solved.
Best regards
Bernd

I am from Nürnberg and bought my car with Komotec after the Lotus dealership in Nürnberg closed 2 years ago.
Have you tried these guys: https://mirbach.de/de/service/lotus
This around the corner for you. I sold my Evora to them some months back and they told me that they can Service my Emira as they have gotten training by Lotus and all the diagnosis tools required.
Thanks Schorsch
Mirbach is great. My car is even in their storage service. They are the one Lotus canceled the Service Center contract after working for them for almost 50 years (former Autohaus Koenig).
Now the car is stored for winter. I guess in spring the new dealer should be ready.
Need to see it positive. At least I did not get the buggy software update. 🤣
Thanks to all your comments.

I‘m also from Bavaria, but now live close to Berlin and bought my car at Sportivo Leipzig. They were always great to deal with and at the moment my car is there for the first service, recalls, and a few minor bug fixes. I will probably get it back tomorrow and can tell you how it all went.
Nice side effect is that they also sell Maserati and that you can check out all those beautiful MC20s that they have there 😜

Same I did at Sportivo Leipzig when they did the recall. 😂

IMG_0026.jpeg
IMG_0027.jpeg
IMG_0016.jpeg
IMG_0015.jpegIMG_0014.jpeg

@FederGigant: Where do you live now, near to Berlin?

Attachments

• IMG_0017.jpeg
    IMG_0017.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 43
Thanks Schorsch
Mirbach is great. My car is even in their storage service. They are the one Lotus canceled the Service Center contract after working for them for almost 50 years (former Autohaus Koenig).
Now the car is stored for winter. I guess in spring the new dealer should be ready.
Need to see it positive. At least I did not get the buggy software update. 🤣
Thanks to all your comments.
Damn. I was considering servicig my car there. Sad to hear, they are no longer an option.

Your Emira is still the best-looking one of the bunch! 😍
Funny, I was thinking the same when I was there in the showroom... :cool:

But in all honesty, Emira is such a bargain when I look at the MC20. Inside they somehow have similar solutions like the mid-mounted monitor or Alcantara everywhere. But the interior of Emira is special and timeless and so well put together.

Of course you don't have carbon-fiber or those special doors, but this does not do anything to the driving experience. MC20 is a rather heavy car with it's 1700kg and you can ask where all the weight has gone into.

I'm so happy with my choice and it's worth the wait.

Got my car back and all the little niggles were fixed and the recalls were addressed👍🏻 however (maybe due to miscommunication) they didn’t do the service and therefore I can‘t report anything about that. Will do it at the beginning of next March. Did anybody already get his/her car serviced in Germany?

Got my car back and all the little niggles were fixed and the recalls were addressed👍🏻 however (maybe due to miscommunication) they didn’t do the service and therefore I can‘t report anything about that. Will do it at the beginning of next March. Did anybody already get his/her car serviced in Germany?
Can you share which niggles they fixed? I plan to do the same + service soon at Komotec have driven 12000km so far). I would like to have an idea for which niggles are for sure fixable. I am currently preparing a list of issues I want to he fixed for my car - and it is a long list 😜.

They did the 3 recalls (wipers, a-pillars, seat belts), fixed my loose headlamp, fixed a rattling from the center speaker, and did a software update to clear the SOS service and auto hold warnings. Oh, and they also said that they could not recreate the cold start stalling issue after they updated the ECU. I also had no cold start problem after pickup, but now my car is parked until March. I will report how it will have started after four months 😅

Last edited:
They did the 3 recalls (wipers, a-pillars, seat belts), fixed my loose headlamp, fixed a rattling from the center speaker, and did a software update to clear the SOS service and auto hold warnings. Oh, and they also said that they could not recreate the cold start stalling issue after they updated the ECU. I also had no cold start problem after pickup, but now my car is parked until March. I will report how it will have started after four months 😅
Thanks a lot. I have much more isses - nothig major, but many annoying things. Will report on them after my visit at Komotec - hopefully soon

Hello. As I already told in another thread, my issues were fixed in at Sportivo Leipzig. Very good garage with much "know how" . I would always go there for any issue, but yes... it's quite far away... 250 km from Hannover/Celle.
Lotus Germany told me that they would set up a service center in Hannover... I am looking forward to that.

Last edited: