• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus vs other brands on the Douchey-Cool scale

EmirOfDenmark

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Had some fun with ChatGPT - do you agree? :)
Sports Car Brands on the Cool-to-Douchey Scale (With Lotus).png

Here’s a summary of the reasoning behind the ratings for each brand, from top to bottom:

| **Brand** | **Score** | **Reasoning** |
|-----------------------|-----------|---------------|
| **Porsche** | 9 | Ultimate driver's car, known for impeccable engineering and understated design. Cool without trying too hard. |
| **McLaren** | 8 | High-tech, sleek, and performance-driven. Often seen as a purist's choice, but still quite flashy. |
| **Lotus** | 8 | Lightweight, driver-focused, and less about showing off. A favorite among enthusiasts for its pure driving experience. |
| **Nissan (GT-R)** | 7 | Performance powerhouse at a more accessible price. Loved by gearheads, not much flash. |
| **Aston Martin** | 7 | Classy, elegant, with a James Bond association. More refined than most, but still a luxury brand. |
| **Ferrari** | 6 | High performance and passion, but also associated with wealth and exclusivity. Stylish yet a bit status-driven. |
| **Audi (R8)** | 6 | Less flamboyant than Lamborghini, but still high-performance and luxurious. Balances performance with a bit of flash. |
| **Mercedes-AMG** | 6 | Powerful and luxurious, though sometimes leaning toward being a "look-at-me" brand. Solid performance. |
| **Jaguar (F-Type)** | 6 | Stylish and sophisticated, but lacks the same performance pedigree as Ferrari or McLaren. Still cool and elegant. |
| **Chevrolet (Corvette)** | 5 | An American icon, but sometimes seen as a mid-life crisis car. Newer models boost its cool factor, though. |
| **Tesla (Roadster)** | 5 | Innovative and high-tech, but associated with a tech-bro image. Performance-focused but with some elitism. |
| **BMW (M Series)** | 5 | Great performance and driving experience, but BMW drivers sometimes have a reputation for being aggressive. |
| **Ford (Mustang)** | 4 | Classic muscle car, but often associated with brash or reckless driving. Strong enthusiast base, though. |
| **Dodge (Viper)** | 3 | Raw, aggressive power but lacking refinement. Often seen as a brutish, in-your-face performance car. |
| **Lamborghini** | 2 | Bold, loud, and undeniably flashy. While the cars are amazing, they often carry a "look-at-me" vibe. |

Don't hate me, hate ChatGPT :)

I think that if AI knew more, it would give different charts for different regions. A Viper is such a fairly rare sight in the Northeast, so I think that in this area it scores higher as "that guy/girl really knew what they wanted".

Disclaimer: don't know any Viper owners, never even been in one. Just an example.

Also, which brand on this list is #1 most likely to be bought by a non-enthusiast wanting an easy-to-drive-but-appears serious sports car? (hint: P_____).

Does that lower the score, or not matter? 😁
Yeah I’m putting Porsche lower on that list as well as GTRs- they always have crazy fire breathing exhausts. I think vipers are much higher. Corvettes are the easy cars to buy. The viper is a serious thing.

We are in Stealth Mode.
Exactly...

A modern lotus is so unknown, pretty much every interaction with one of us will be the new "personality of lotus/Emira owners"

so be nice to ppl when they see you everyone lol.

or just wear batman mask and stay mysterious ....

Had some fun with ChatGPT - do you agree? :)
View attachment 51038
Here’s a summary of the reasoning behind the ratings for each brand, from top to bottom:

| **Brand** | **Score** | **Reasoning** |
|-----------------------|-----------|---------------|
| **Porsche** | 9 | Ultimate driver's car, known for impeccable engineering and understated design. Cool without trying too hard. |
| **McLaren** | 8 | High-tech, sleek, and performance-driven. Often seen as a purist's choice, but still quite flashy. |
| **Lotus** | 8 | Lightweight, driver-focused, and less about showing off. A favorite among enthusiasts for its pure driving experience. |
| **Nissan (GT-R)** | 7 | Performance powerhouse at a more accessible price. Loved by gearheads, not much flash. |
| **Aston Martin** | 7 | Classy, elegant, with a James Bond association. More refined than most, but still a luxury brand. |
| **Ferrari** | 6 | High performance and passion, but also associated with wealth and exclusivity. Stylish yet a bit status-driven. |
| **Audi (R8)** | 6 | Less flamboyant than Lamborghini, but still high-performance and luxurious. Balances performance with a bit of flash. |
| **Mercedes-AMG** | 6 | Powerful and luxurious, though sometimes leaning toward being a "look-at-me" brand. Solid performance. |
| **Jaguar (F-Type)** | 6 | Stylish and sophisticated, but lacks the same performance pedigree as Ferrari or McLaren. Still cool and elegant. |
| **Chevrolet (Corvette)** | 5 | An American icon, but sometimes seen as a mid-life crisis car. Newer models boost its cool factor, though. |
| **Tesla (Roadster)** | 5 | Innovative and high-tech, but associated with a tech-bro image. Performance-focused but with some elitism. |
| **BMW (M Series)** | 5 | Great performance and driving experience, but BMW drivers sometimes have a reputation for being aggressive. |
| **Ford (Mustang)** | 4 | Classic muscle car, but often associated with brash or reckless driving. Strong enthusiast base, though. |
| **Dodge (Viper)** | 3 | Raw, aggressive power but lacking refinement. Often seen as a brutish, in-your-face performance car. |
| **Lamborghini** | 2 | Bold, loud, and undeniably flashy. While the cars are amazing, they often carry a "look-at-me" vibe. |

Don't hate me, hate ChatGPT :)
You need to move Porsche WAAAAAYYY down the list. The number 1 way to tell if someone is an asshole is if they’re driving a Porsche.

Unfortunately Porsche, McLaren, Ferrari & Lamborghini buyers/owners don’t care what the scale says.

New Lotus is not considered light anymore the Emira is heavier compared to the out going versions & the EV’s are super heavy. The McLaren 720S with 100% fluids and fuel is around 3100 pounds with over 700+ HP now that sounds fun, but at a high price.

I think those sorts of rankings/personality charts fall apart completely among real-deal car enthusiasts.

For example, I’d have no problem owning, driving, or being seen in a Ford Fiesta ST, because the car represents a fantastic compact sports sedan with unique engineering. The same way I can respect the Corvette for what it delivers for its price point. I guess since I don’t buy cars based on what others reception of a given brand is, I don’t think of any given car as inherently douchey per se.

You need to move Porsche WAAAAAYYY down the list. The number 1 way to tell if someone is an asshole is if they’re driving a Porsche.
Nobody in a 911 gets a thumbs up from anyone. It gets worse from there (Panamera, Tacan). Unless it's a GT3/4RS.

*COMPLETELY* disagree.

Any exclusive high end car is going to attract its share of d-bags, and there are PLENTY of those driving around in a Porsche and McLaren.

Edit: I just want to declare that me getting cutoff by an @sswipe in a Macan this morning did not affect my judgement.

*COMPLETELY* disagree.

Any exclusive high end car is going to attract its share of d-bags, and there are PLENTY of those driving around in a Porsche and McLaren.

Edit: I just want to declare that me getting cutoff by an @sswipe in a Macan this morning did not affect my judgement.
This is not to be taken too seriously, eh? Just some fun banter. So, yeah, I also *COMPLETELY* agree there should be a special douche category for Macans.

*COMPLETELY* disagree.

I agree the douchebaggery comes from the driver, not the car. So, I have mixed feelings regarding the Corvette. Definitely not the car for me, except maybe a C5, which is a decent track car. Jorts and white leather New Balances aside, the drivers are a pretty harmless bunch. They stick to themselves at car shows and, while I rarely encounter one going over the speed limit, they mostly stay in the right lane and let you pass. This is more than I can say for most of the marques in the list! lol

Bought a 2024 v718S when Lotus announce the i4 delay back in Dec 23. Picked up an orphaned V6 on May 1st and this is where the Porsche been ever since (I do take it out every other week and drive it.
IMG_6872.jpg
IMG_6873.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back