• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 issue

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I have just watched this video and was shocked to see Michelin has made both left and right tyres in the same mould.
I’ve had Cup 2 tyres many times in and more recently on my RS3 which was 700hp and didn’t notice any issues or get uneven tyre wear. This week my Cup 2 Connect tyres arrive so I’ll find out if they are the same.
I have the Goodyear tyres at the moment so it would be good if someone can check their tyres to see if they have the same issue on the Lotus ones. I understand OEM supplied tyres can be different even if they have identical model names.

I found a response video where Michelin state they are track optimised and some tech reasons on how.
So one thing I have learned is if you have Cup 2 tyres and they have the same outer shoulder direction you need to rotate them to get even wear.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back