• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Mockup request

I really like the Magma Red, but I'm put off by the overwhelming association with Ferrari. Emira has that "supercar look" so you just know that many will label you as a "wanker in Ferrari". One of the things that I love about Lotus as a brand is that it's a bit below the radar, a car-lovers brand.
I’ve been insulted in the past by intelligent people, so being insulted by people who can’t read the word “LOTUS” really doesn’t bother me too much……

Interesting perspective and most probably true. The average Joe will think it’s a Ferrari or McLaren but don’t you-think as the Emira looks like a super car there will be the same reaction no matter the colour?

My thoughts exactly. It already has super car looks. The color isn't gonna be what puts haters over the edge.

I know what you mean. A few envious folks try the “nice Ferrari” thing as a wind up. Some people genuinely get it wrong. It’s usually easy to tell from the tone.

If you haven’t had a Lotus before you’ll find you almost always get positive reactions, curiosity and courtesy.

I’ve had strangers wander over at the petrol station to look and chat about my Evora, people let me out of side roads and even move over to let me pass on motorways. There’s a 48 page thread on TLF “people’s reactions to my Evora”!

I expect we’ll see this even more with the Emira.

Last edited:
I know what you mean. A few envious folks try the “nice Ferrari” thing as a wind up. Some people genuinely get it wrong. It’s usually easy to tell from the tone.

If you haven’t had a Lotus before you’ll find you almost always get positive reactions, curiosity and courtesy.

I’ve had strangers wander over at the petrol station to look and chat about my Evora, people let me out of side roads and even move over to let me pass on motorways. There’s a 48 page thread on TLF “people’s reactions to my Evora”!

I expect we’ll see this even more with the Emira.
Couldn't agree more, but others' reactions to what I drive is the least of my worries. Nevertheless, it has been a very pleasant experience so far and I am sure Emira will take it up a notch...

Can someone with photoshop skills please mock me up an image of the following so I can print it out and drool over it between now and when I receive my order!!!

Magma Red - based on the new swatches we have
Yellow calipers
Black pack
Diamond cut wheels - with black/silver lotus badge

Thank you.....
Don, don't skip a beat but did you say Silver Lotus Badge, is that an option? I despise that yellow and green!!