Montana LLC registration

CA sucks. I just paid over 700 bucks for a 2022 Model 3 registration. I have no clue how they even assess the fees anymore. The day after I retire I'm moving out of state.
EV's have higher registration fees in many states because they aren't paying taxes that everyone else does when purchasing fuel. It's actually pretty straightforward.

I never get the tax dodging. If you have enough money to pay for the car you have enough to pay the taxes. Does it suck? Absolutely, but you knew the deal when you decided to purchase it.

I never get the tax dodging. If you have enough money to pay for the car you have enough to pay the taxes. Does it suck? Absolutely, but you knew the deal when you decided to purchase it.
100%.

My Emira was delivered in March. I paid $4220 in sales tax to the state when I bought it. And last month I just paid $2700 to the county where I live for 9 months of personal property tax for 2024 (Apr-Dec). I'll do it again next year on the 12mo value, so probably $3600, and again every year as long as I own the car.

I suspect this is more money being paid in ongoing taxation than many people on this forum. But you know what I'm not doing? Trying to cheat the community where I live out of the tax that I owe on the assets that I own in the local jurisdiction. I'd literally be stealing from the schools, the emergency services, the park system, etc if I tried to dodge the tax through a shady Montana LLC. I'm a member of my community and I'm proud to pay taxes to support it, just like my neighbors.

Just my opinion. But yes, you can imagine what goes through my mind when I see a Montana plate on a nice car at our local Cars & Coffee. 😂

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back