• The July 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 July 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

More details for KEF Audio

There aren't rear speakers in the car. The drivers that are behind you are midbass drivers for the front set. So there's nothing to "fade" F/R.
I understand it’s a physical limitation. I realized that when I was playing around with the bass. Even that I thought was a weird decision. I’m just used to be surrounded by sound and not behind or in front of the music. Even my s2000 doesn’t stage the image so clearly in front of you. Come to think of it the s2000 and it’s crappy setup (I do have an aftermarket head unit with a bit better amp) just sounds more normal than the lotus setup.

Did you happen to get this installed yet? Do you have any photo or video of the install? Thoughts; IF you did indeed get things installed yet?

For all: I debate doing something to the audio system and then having a wiring issue or anything go wrong and Lotus tells me that it's not covered... I also do NOT live close to a dealership, 2 - 2.5 hours.

Ryan G
A friend of mine gets a small discount on Rockford Fosgate, we ended up doing the 10" version, which provides a lot of bass, more than I was expecting, but the 10" box fit perfectly on the shelf and in between the seats. We ran power to the battery, and ground to a bolt on the side where the existing amp/sub is. If youre in Tampa Monday, we're going to plan on going to the Krate weather permitting.

Attachments

• IMG_2905.jpeg
    IMG_2905.jpeg
    288.3 KB · Views: 53
sorry but I couldn't live with that sub between the seats - spoils the interior IMHO

Something odd has happened. In the time since I posted before about my issues, the sound has got better and better and better, Like REALLY good. I've not touched it! I didn;t do a reset. I'm still using the same source, Spotify via Ifone. Baffled. Car is now on nearly 9,000 miles as a daily driver - could it be simply that it has taken all this time to run the speakers (especially the sub) in?

sorry but I couldn't live with that sub between the seats - spoils the interior IMHO

Something odd has happened. In the time since I posted before about my issues, the sound has got better and better and better, Like REALLY good. I've not touched it! I didn;t do a reset. I'm still using the same source, Spotify via Ifone. Baffled. Car is now on nearly 9,000 miles as a daily driver - could it be simply that it has taken all this time to run the speakers (especially the sub) in?
I get this from time to time. Suddenly extremely good, then a day later it’s back to.. not good. 14k miles in. It can vary on temperature, windows open/half/closed, etc.. I can’t get a stable performance out of the speakers :(

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess... Function over form

IMG_2970.jpeg

If needed, its only two plastic clips to remove the box, and it makes a world of difference frequency wise

I'm having a similar experience. The cabin noise is still definitely a problem, but after 1000 miles the audio sounds noticeably better. The bass is more capable than before when it would sound thin or at the limit at lower levels.

I'm having a similar experience. The cabin noise is still definitely a problem, but after 1000 miles the audio sounds noticeably better. The bass is more capable than before when it would sound thin or at the limit at lower levels.
Like I said somewhere on this forum, high-end speakers sound tight and wooden, almost flat when you first start listening to them. They typically need at least 25 hours of usage before they begin to loosen up and start sounding full. KEF are known for quality speakers, these should be good once they break in and warm up. Sounds like some of you are reaching that point.

Like I said somewhere on this forum, high-end speakers sound tight and wooden, almost flat when you first start listening to them. They typically need at least 25 hours of usage before they begin to loosen up and start sounding full. KEF are known for quality speakers, these should be good once they break in and warm up. Sounds like some of you are reaching that point.
What volume for the 25 hrs break in? 50%