• The July 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 July 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Music via USB drive

Works like a charm when copying files, from Mac to a USB drive. Albums art is shown up too and its fast (y)

I tried the USB stick which played songs AOK in my C8 Corvette. The C8 recognized the HFS+ format. The Emira failed to even see the stick in the USB2 plug-in. I then reformatted the stick on my Mac, from HFS+ to ExFAT and VOILA!: the Emira now recognizes the USB stick and plays songs on it. Unfortunately I had to erase hundreds of songs on the USB stick during the reformatting process, but at least I’ve now got functioning USB in the Emira.

but how about album cover arts? It takes like 3-4 minutes to load my Album cover arts off a USB 3.2 USB-C drive but the folder option loads almost right away.
You probably are using a slower rated USB stick. They sell them in different "speeds" sometimes one brand works better than the other. On my Emira it loads everything in milliseconds.

You probably are using a slower rated USB stick. They sell them in different "speeds" sometimes one brand works better than the other. On my Emira it loads everything in milliseconds.
this is what I use:

SAMSUNG Type-C™ USB Flash Drive, 64GB,​

What are you using and how many GB of music do you have on yours, I have about 45GB of music in mine..

I have 40GB of music on a UBS-C 3.2 (exFAT), all artists and albums separated into folders and it takes roughly 3 minutes to index everything. The sorting within albums is seemingly alphabetical, but seems to ignore leading track numbers in the file names.

It's absolutely ridiculous that the system default makes you manually select the USB source and indexes every file/song from scratch each and every time.......even if you were just listening to it on your last drive.

Maybe I'm missing something here, does anyone know if there is a way to have the music default back to the last source used? Cars from over a decade ago continue music exactly where you left off, does the Emira have this ability? As of right now it really seems that the best solution is for me to use Android Auto each and every time.......

I have 40GB of music on a UBS-C 3.2 (exFAT), all artists and albums separated into folders and it takes roughly 3 minutes to index everything. The sorting within albums is seemingly alphabetical, but seems to ignore leading track numbers in the file names.

It's absolutely ridiculous that the system default makes you manually select the USB source and indexes every file/song from scratch each and every time.......even if you were just listening to it on your last drive.

Maybe I'm missing something here, does anyone know if there is a way to have the music default back to the last source used? Cars from over a decade ago continue music exactly where you left off, does the Emira have this ability? As of right now it really seems that the best solution is for me to use Android Auto each and every time.......

Yea, Not remembering the last source used, playing in alphabetical order. You can get around the play order by adding track number in front of the song title but you have to do it in every album.

Does anyone know if the USB port will support a portable digital music player like so of the high-end Sony Walkman?

Last edited:
Yea, Not remembering the last source used, playing in alphabetical order. You can get around the play order by adding track number in front of the song title but you have to do it in every album.

Does anyone know if the USB port will support a portable digital music player like so of the high-end Sony Walkman?
So to be clear, to get past the default alphabetical order I'd need to add the track number to the title listed under the properties/details tab? Only 5000 plus files to update LOL! Stinks that it won't honor the track number when it's literally already part of the name of the file itself, not to mention also part of the file details. I honestly could live with this if I could figure out a way to have the damn thing start up again at the place when I left off.

@Wiz33 I saw in another forum somewhere that portable digital music players are not supported. Lotus put just a basic navigation and audio software package on there and quite frankly expect people to user Android Auto or Apple Play for any form of advanced experience.

Before you do that try adding the track numbers as proper .mp3 file tags using this :

Maybe on just one folder as a test?

I only use iphone as a music source (which plays albums in the correct order via Carplay) so can't tell you for sure if it works from USB but could be worth a try, but my whole music library is properly tagged in any case.....

Before you do that try adding the track numbers as proper .mp3 file tags using this :

Maybe on just one folder as a test?

I only use iphone as a music source (which plays albums in the correct order via Carplay) so can't tell you for sure if it works from USB but could be worth a try, but my whole music library is properly tagged in any case.....
All my files have the proper track numbers in the file properties. I only have one album that will play in the proper order and when I examine the file properties. That one have the track number in front of the song title.