• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Music via USB drive

Duh, what an idiot! I didn't see that. 🤦🏻‍♂️ How embarrassing. I'll see later.

My excuse is I picked the car up yesterday after the dealer got the screen working for the 1st time, a pinched/broken wire in the dash. Though the reversing camera isn't working either.

Thanks for that.
I had the same problem when I first tried out my car with a USB-A Flash drive and the Sales doesn't know why either so I just left it with them since I won't pick the car up till the next day and they later sent me a video showing me how to switch.

I had the same problem when I first tried out my car with a USB-A Flash drive and the Sales doesn't know why either so I just left it with them since I won't pick the car up till the next day and they later sent me a video showing me how to switch.
I asked the tech and he went to try my USB stick in another Emira and said it wouldn't work, so he clearly didn't notice the USB 1/USB2 . All sorted and working. 👍🏻

I asked the tech and he went to try my USB stick in another Emira and said it wouldn't work, so he clearly didn't notice the USB 1/USB2 . All sorted and working. 👍🏻
How many albums do you have and do you have cover arts for your Albums? How long does it takes to load up your cover arts each time you start your car. I have over 40GB of music and it take 4-5 minutes before all the cover arts loads up.

How many albums do you have and do you have cover arts for your Albums? How long does it takes to load up your cover arts each time you start your car. I have over 40GB of music and it take 4-5 minutes before all the cover arts loads up.
I only have approx 40 tracks with no cover art, almost instantly. Annoying that I have to choose the port and it doesn't start from the last track played. I installed a £70/$90 Android in my daily and its better at the music stuff.

I only have approx 40 tracks with no cover art, almost instantly. Annoying that I have to choose the port and it doesn't start from the last track played. I installed a £70/$90 Android in my daily and its better at the music stuff.
Yeah unfortunately I'm having the 4-5 minute load times due to the amount of music as well. Android Auto is waaaay better than the native music player that's for sure, unfortunately when wireless my Android Auto randomly disconnects (perfect when wired). I've attempted to remove and re-pair and it still randomly disconnects a few times per trip. Currently I'm trying different locations within the car to see if that affects things (my pocket, under the infotainment system, center storage, door storage.....).

When you say you installed an Android, do you mean in your daily driver you've wired (USB) an old Android phone to run as your media player?

Yeah unfortunately I'm having the 4-5 minute load times due to the amount of music as well. Android Auto is waaaay better than the native music player that's for sure, unfortunately when wireless my Android Auto randomly disconnects (perfect when wired). I've attempted to remove and re-pair and it still randomly disconnects a few times per trip. Currently I'm trying different locations within the car to see if that affects things (my pocket, under the infotainment system, center storage, door storage.....).

When you say you installed an Android, do you mean in your daily driver you've wired (USB) an old Android phone to run as your media player?
It's a Toyota IQ/scion, I replaced the headunit with an Andoid one off eBay, connects straight away via Bluetooth with no dropouts. Have you tried an old phone connected via Android Auto with your tracks on the phone, keep it in the car solely for that?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back