• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

New SoCal Member to the Forum and Lotus

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello,

Thank you for providing this forum.

I am new here (I have been lurking for a bit) and to Lotus. The first car I lusted after was an Exige, then an Evora, but I could never bring myself around to do it.

Today ends my 10? +/- years of fence-sitting.

I was able to grab the V6 manual First Edition. It does have dealer add-ons made up of stuff I was going to add or probably add. They got some markup baked into these, but it's not a stupid amount—Notably the PPF, the Milltek Exhaust, and the Reviver digital plate.

Resume:

Sports Cars

I am coming from a Porsche GT4, GT3, and McClaren 600LT (in that order, all sold). I (still) own a race-spec BSR Boxster that I run a few times a year.

Non-Sports Cars
I took a few years off after the sports cars and right before, during, and after the Covid years to try overlanding and off-roading. I still have the MB Sprinter (Interstate 24x), F150 Tremor, Bronco Badlands, and the ATC PLA 350 toy hauler—all stock except for decorations like off-road lights, Rotopax, etc.

Daily Drivers
My Polestar 2 BST is used as a daily driver. It's been great. It's a lease. I didn't want to buy a "performance" electric car whose batteries got abused. My wife generally drives that or the Bronco. She likes both. I like both. I have been through an embarrassing number of daily drivers in the last ten years: M5, Tesla P100D, and AMG S63 (in that order, all sold.)

As you can see, I have a significant problem holding onto cars and have this goal of 'trying everything.' It's an addiction. I love cars. My bank account does not love cars, but I am the boss.

So here I am, after test-driving just a short time, a Lotus guy. I hope that because the Lotus was the first sports car I wanted and never got, getting the Emira will be the last one I need.

Please pray for me. I pick it up tomorrow at lunch. I will spare you the photos of an Mist White Emira sitting in a dealer parking lot, but here is my window sticker.

DJ

Attachments

• Sticker .jpg
    Sticker .jpg
    288 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Welcome @DJFirstEdition congrats!

I was shopping GT4s for a while before switching sights to the Emira (ended up with an Evora GT). Did you own a 981 or 718? Would love to hear your comparison thoughts.

Also, what's a reviver digital plate?

Welcome @DJFirstEdition congrats!

I was shopping GT4s for a while before switching sights to the Emira (ended up with an Evora GT). Did you own a 981 or 718? Would love to hear your comparison thoughts.

Also, what's a reviver digital plate?
Hello and thank you for the welcome.

2016 Porsche GT4 (981)

I think this was the last year of the 981.

I can compare when I have more than test-drive miles on the Emira. But honestly, it will be even more subjective than a regular guy who likes cars type comparison, given that I have been through many cars since then.

I ended up with a lightly used G4T4 instead of the Exige or Emora. That is what wholly hooked me on mid-engine cars. I have missed owning one and look forward to finally owning/driving a Lotus.

Reviver:
Digital, customizable license plate. It's only available in, I believe, three states.

I like it because the white on black goes with the car, versus the California black and yellow vanity/custom plates, which would not look bad given the Lotus yellow badging. Mine is White Mist with a black pack. The plate design matches the car. I know, vain AF.

PS:
After posting that picture, I realized that my first sports car was white with black accents. I could have bought a black Emira, which looked great with yellow accents.

Yet, I gravitated to the Mist White and bought that one. I didn't know why until I posted that picture. The sentimental/emotional side must have kicked in here. The last sports car I hope to buy (I am probably kidding myself) is inspired by the first sports car I wanted, in the color of the first sports car I purchased. Neat. The brain is fun.

Attachments

• IMG_1529.JPG
    IMG_1529.JPG
    335.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Congrats on the new Mist White Emira and welcome to the forum!