• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lose connector under passenger seat

robrmon

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anyone else have an unplugged connector under the passenger seat on a US first edition?

I tried searching and didn’t see this come up before

Any ideas what it is for?

Not 100% sure, so hopefully someone else here can confirm. From my experience, it's pretty common for vehicles with power seats to have at least one unused connector. Different markets sometimes have different seats, air bags, power features, ventilation, etc... but the manufacturer uses the same harness for them all and just connects what's needed for the market they're building.

@VL3X I think your'e right and that point may apply to more than the seat harnesses too - bought a magsafe charging tray from @silent cilantro and his installation instructions include connecting to an unused connector in the dash area for power. Very slick and OEM looking product with a clean installation.

@VL3X I think your'e right and that point may apply to more than the seat harnesses too - bought a magsafe charging tray from @silent cilantro and his installation instructions include connecting to an unused connector in the dash area for power. Very slick and OEM looking product with a clean installation.
Thanks for the feedback! Glad you’re enjoying the charger.

@Medic518 that one is for a powered toll transponder from what I recall.
Yup. Electronic Toll Collection system.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back