• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Latest Emira Production Update

LastICE

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just received this email from where I purchased my Emira. Hopefully, it would be helpful to you if you are considering buying one.

FE V6 Manual/Auto:
Production is complete. Cars (especially automatics) are still being shipped. But production on FE V6 is done.

FE i4/AMG:

Production is currently underway. Some VINS have been assigned and I believe the first cars will be put on ships soon. We might see our first customer car within 4-6 weeks. With deliveries most likely through the new year.

BASE V6 Manual/Auto:
Production begins in JANUARY. We begin order taking in OCTOBER. So please visit lotuscars.com to build your base V6. Pricing should be added to the configurator within a few days; I have heard that it is higher than anticipated. So if anyone is interested in getting in a FIRST EDITION instead, please let me know asap, as we have limited orphans.

I just received this email from where I purchased my Emira. Hopefully, it would be helpful to you if you are considering buying one.

FE V6 Manual/Auto:
Production is complete. Cars (especially automatics) are still being shipped. But production on FE V6 is done.

FE i4/AMG:
Production is currently underway. Some VINS have been assigned and I believe the first cars will be put on ships soon. We might see our first customer car within 4-6 weeks. With deliveries most likely through the new year.

BASE V6 Manual/Auto:
Production begins in JANUARY. We begin order taking in OCTOBER. So please visit lotuscars.com to build your base V6. Pricing should be added to the configurator within a few days; I have heard that it is higher than anticipated. So if anyone is interested in getting in a FIRST EDITION instead, please let me know asap, as we have limited orphans.
Look forward to getting a call soon, fingers crossed.

Based on the configurator the base V6 is not far off from the FE (driver pack, wheels, stereo, etc). You can configure them to the same spec as the FE. I guess the price won't be far off either.

Damn so I placed an order for the FE V6 Auto, it hasn't started the build yet, so will it no longer be the FE?

Damn so I placed an order for the FE V6 Auto, it hasn't started the build yet, so will it no longer be the FE?
How do you know it hasn’t been produced yet? I have a factory submission ID# but I don’t have a VIN. Perhaps Lotus just didn’t communicate them all to the dealership. I realize that strays from their otherwise stellar communication history.

How do you know it hasn’t been produced yet? I have a factory submission ID# but I don’t have a VIN. Perhaps Lotus just didn’t communicate them all to the dealership. I realize that strays from their otherwise stellar communication history.
Going off my dealer, last I heard from him it's not being built yet but who knows at this point

given the number of orphaned Emiras, I think they need to be careful of not alienating buyers with a large price increase. I think most manufactures increase prices on cars year after year but it's usually very nominal.

I noticed that email didnt mention i4 base.

I’m interested in buying an Emira in the UK - probably a v6 manual. Excuse the naive question, but what does an FE model have that a base car doesn’t?

I inquired yesterday, Dealer said that he received the Sept report that shows my order locked and he hasn't gotten any further updates so far this month.
He sent an inquiry to Lotus to check as the Status has not changed from Locked,
meaning scheduled for production.

Who knows... I'll see if he gets a further update to me later today.

This is in line with what I received form my dealer. I was told books will open up a little sooner (this week or next) but that the base price will be 99k and deliveries will be around April. I have been checking for pricing on the site ever since. Still nothing as of this morning. There's a very low mileage used Emira thats basically my spec not too far away so Im really keen to see what Ill be paying in total for a new one. Im mentally prepared for like 110-115. If it ends up more than that Ill probably try to track down an FE.

No shock on this...
Base V6, heard that price it is higher than anticipated.

I’m interested in buying an Emira in the UK - probably a v6 manual. Excuse the naive question, but what does an FE model have that a base car doesn’t?
The First Edition model is fully loaded as far as options are concerned.
If you look at the Emira configurator you can get an idea of what a base model could be by some of the options in the FE that are pre-ticked and can't be unticked. Things like Sports Pedals and Heated Seats etc. The seats themselves may not be 12 way adjustable in the base model, that sort of thing.

The First Edition model is fully loaded as far as options are concerned.
If you look at the Emira configurator you can get an idea of what a base model could be by some of the options in the FE that are pre-ticked and can't be unticked. Things like Sports Pedals and Heated Seats etc. The seats themselves may not be 12 way adjustable in the base model, that sort of thing.

On the US configurator, the base V6 options are exposed now, albeit without pricing. Presumably what's standard is already ticked and the other unticked choices will be additional cost. Interesting that this is up on the US configurator but not the UK configurator. https://www.lotuscars.com/en-US/configurator/emira/emira-v6

I inquired yesterday, Dealer said that he received the Sept report that shows my order locked and he hasn't gotten any further updates so far this month.
He sent an inquiry to Lotus to check as the Status has not changed from Locked,
meaning scheduled for production.

Who knows... I'll see if he gets a further update to me later today.
I think we are with the same dealer and also emailed him yesterday for an update and have the exact same status and update that you received. Hey at least it’s consistent.

If you take a look at the Lotus GB website, you have the base price listed. You can configure some features which are included in the first edition. Price is a little bit higher for the V6 as for the V6 First Edition.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back