• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

New VORSTEINER kit for the Emira

4N MISSL

Reaction score
I came across a post from Vorsteiner on Instagram on a new body kit for the Emira. I know it’s a touchy subject when it comes to exterior modifications, but I think looks very neat. There taking Preorders in Fall 2024. Not sure on the cost but if it’s around the price as the CT Carbon kit. I might jump on this. What does everyone else think?

Attachments

• IMG_0730.jpeg
    IMG_0730.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 747
  • IMG_0731.jpeg
    IMG_0731.jpeg
    717.5 KB · Views: 657
  • IMG_0732.jpeg
    IMG_0732.jpeg
    817.5 KB · Views: 659
  • IMG_0733.jpeg
    IMG_0733.jpeg
    724 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_0734.jpeg
    IMG_0734.jpeg
    739.4 KB · Views: 639
I love everything except for the fender vents. I do not think this kit "ruins" the design... It's actually quite complementary.

I am always conflicted on these issues. I am by no means a purist and think, "Hey, you do you." However, I wonder about the risk. Even though I hate to do it, I have to make an analogy and also be a total hypocrite. Assuming you have the V6/Manual, the Emira is a swan song for DIY driving, and it is intended to be what it is. Replacing/adding body/engine mods (here comes the analogy) feels like a mistake. As a watch collector, I want everything unmolested, record-keeping, and original. The quickest way to devalue a fine timepiece is to swap dials and ice it out with diamonds. Once you do that, you harm the "perceived" integrity of the timepiece. That's how I feel about the V6/Manual. Now for some total hypocrisy.
When it comes to the 4-cyl/Auto, I say mod the hell out of it. Have a ball. Yes I am aware my stance is pretty irrational. But 10 years from now, that V6/Manual will retain the most value if it's reasonably unmolested. Just a gut reaction. A big part comes from rebuilding my 911; some things I have had to sort out are so dumb and dangerous that I doubt every bolt on it. I don't want to buy an unknown history car ever again because you don't know what the person before did, and most of all, you don't know if they did it well.🤷‍♀️

I am always conflicted on these issues. I am by no means a purist and think, "Hey, you do you." However, I wonder about the risk. Even though I hate to do it, I have to make an analogy and also be a total hypocrite. Assuming you have the V6/Manual, the Emira is a swan song for DIY driving, and it is intended to be what it is. Replacing/adding body/engine mods (here comes the analogy) feels like a mistake. As a watch collector, I want everything unmolested, record-keeping, and original. The quickest way to devalue a fine timepiece is to swap dials and ice it out with diamonds. Once you do that, you harm the "perceived" integrity of the timepiece. That's how I feel about the V6/Manual. Now for some total hypocrisy.
When it comes to the 4-cyl/Auto, I say mod the hell out of it. Have a ball. Yes I am aware my stance is pretty irrational. But 10 years from now, that V6/Manual will retain the most value if it's reasonably unmolested. Just a gut reaction. A big part comes from rebuilding my 911; some things I have had to sort out are so dumb and dangerous that I doubt every bolt on it. I don't want to buy an unknown history car ever again because you don't know what the person before did, and most of all, you don't know if they did it well.🤷‍♀️
I do understand your logic on this especially if you are considering selling it later.

I actually don't mind modified cars if done using quality parts and professional garages to do the work. A quality built car must come with a complete folder with receipts, dyno charts and a timeline of everything completed. I saw a 911 turbo S that had a website showing the complete history including videos of work done, right down to every oil change and cutting open the oil filters and even that is no guarantee of no issues.

I recently asked a seller how their kit increased downforce and handling, and they couldn't say and only assumed it would because of the design.
Going back to the Vorsteiner kit, I have the view of only wanting to buy parts that are functional and not just for looks. I like the bonnet on the kit but I would be worried that the extra bonnet vent could alter the aero for the flow coming our the bonnet and over the wings. If it improved the aero I am sure the Evija would have had them. Why does the GT4 has a robust splitter and rear wing but no additional side skirts if it would make the car better?

I do understand your logic on this especially if you are considering selling it later.

I actually don't mind modified cars if done using quality parts and professional garages to do the work. A quality built car must come with a complete folder with receipts, dyno charts and a timeline of everything completed. I saw a 911 turbo S that had a website showing the complete history including videos of work done, right down to every oil change and cutting open the oil filters and even that is no guarantee of no issues.

I recently asked a seller how their kit increased downforce and handling, and they couldn't say and only assumed it would because of the design.
Going back to the Vorsteiner kit, I have the view of only wanting to buy parts that are functional and not just for looks. I like the bonnet on the kit but I would be worried that the extra bonnet vent could alter the aero for the flow coming our the bonnet and over the wings. If it improved the aero I am sure the Evija would have had them. Why does the GT4 has a robust splitter and rear wing but no additional side skirts if it would make the car better?
I totally agree that there are some very practical mods, the definition of which is up to each owner. I don't ever plan to sell, but I have said that for almost everything I have ever bought. I am a deeply flawed individual when it comes to discretionary things. Documentation of all kinds will do nothing but improve the ownership experience. And if life takes a turn and you have to sell, paperwork, with photos, etc. is a big help.

When is this available? I like the spoiler that’s all I’ll buy
They’re taking preorders FALL 2024. No idea how much it’ll cost, but based on the brand and other kits they’ve made I would guess between 12-14k. Just a guess of course

The rear wing is one of the best I’ve seen for the Emira and, to my eye, follows the lines of the car more than others. Apart from the splitter I wouldn’t go for the other parts. The bonnet (hood) just looks odd and seems out of place with the rest of the car. It’s like they’ve tried to fit an Exige-like bonnet onto the Emira.

Virsteiner hasn’t even made them yet. They’re taking orders fall of 24’.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back