• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Noco Genius 1 accessories for Emira V6

leofin

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello, trying to find the correct way / accessories to setup my battery tender. What would you recommend? See photos below.

1000011490.jpg

1000011488.jpg

1000011487.jpg

Attachments

• 1000011489.jpg
    1000011489.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 26
i probably need it too - what is it???
I edited my original post. It's a charging pigtail that you permanently mount to the battery.

I too had to get the larger pigtails to attach to my battery as the clamps didn't work in my case.. After permanently installing the larger eyelets everything works as planned..

As @Nova linked in his post, you need the XL eyelets as anything else is too small to work.

Ryan G

Fitted mine last weekend. Took about 30mins from beginning to end and 10mins of that was working out how to get the red cable past the plastic cover. Turned out it was easy enough, /I just needed to be more observant

I edited my original post. It's a charging pigtail that you permanently mount to the battery.

Oh, ya. We all have that :)

Looking for something that can be accessed from OUTSIDE the car so I don't have to run those silly wires out the trunk...

If your dealer installed the permanent connector that came with the car trickle charger, you can just by the converter and use it.
NOCO SAE Adapter
So if we have the lotus trickle charger, it should have similar permanent connectors and the Adapter you mention is all you'd need? Haven't even opened the box yet, since its still nice weather and I'm driving the car every few days.

So if we have the lotus trickle charger, it should have similar permanent connectors and the Adapter you mention is all you'd need? Haven't even opened the box yet, since its still nice weather and I'm driving the car every few days.
Yes, mine was already hanging out, so instead of installing the Noco one, I just bought the adapter to hook it up to my 4x2 charger, much easier, and then I can use both types of chargers for it if I need to.

I went this route.

Permanently connected, and with an indicator that I see whenever I open the trunk.

View attachment 51382

Plus the terminal connector https://a.co/d/iRn0EV6 and some blade fittings from AutoZone.
Stupid question. I've literally never used a battery charger before.

Is this the basic process?
1. Connect extra pair of terminal connectors to +/- on battery
2. Connect terminal connectors to this external CTEK battery indicator/outlet
3. Connect your actual CTEK to this CTEK battery indicator whenever you want to charge the battery

This makes battery charging a simple plug in the cable exercise.

Stupid question. I've literally never used a battery charger before.

Is this the basic process?
1. Connect extra pair of terminal connectors to +/- on battery
2. Connect terminal connectors to this external CTEK battery indicator/outlet
3. Connect your actual CTEK to this CTEK battery indicator whenever you want to charge the battery

This makes battery charging a simple plug in the cable exercise.
No one is going to ever accuse me of being mechanically minded, however I did this on my I4 and it took me 30mins. At least 10 of those were spent trying to work out how to get the red cable out from under the plastic cover. It was very simple, once I paid enough attention