• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Offered early allocation

Hi all I’ve been offered an early allocation as some one has pulled out .. I was meant to take delivery in spring but can now have it in September … the compromise is I have to get a different wheel ti my choice and lower black not full .. would you compromise you’re spec for a earlier delivery ?
I was offered the same in March and I accepted. My deposit was placed August 2nd 2021 so I was due to get delivery end of this year/beginning of 2023. I was offered a July car (confirmed now as an August car due to the 1 month delay for everyone).

Original Spec
DV
Full black pack
Black Wheels
Alcantara interior yellow stitching
Yellow callipers
Sport suspension
Tracker

They have offered me all the same besides:
Half black pack
Black calipers
Grey stitch interior

My main concern was having to have silver "LOTUS" badge and silver exhaust pipes; after speaking to the dealer I am collecting from they can just do the work and turn them black before collecting.

In terms of black pack roof - I was originally a big BIG fan of this but the more I have seen of Emiras (which have the black wheels) I personally think they have enough black on with just lower black pack. However if I had diamond cut/silver wheels then I think black pack is a must but just IMO.

To answer your question though: GO FOR IT!!!! Once full reviews come out and everyone who is not already on the Emira hype is on it, every day/week/month/quarter you are without it will be a problem!

I have accepted the order. After looking at the spec with the black wheels I have decided to go with it , have to admit the black wheels do make it look angrier . Happy days and thank you for all your free back 👌🏽👌🏽
Great choice.

In my opinion the black wheels suits Nimbus Grey perfectly. I also think you'll love the metallic roof and won't want to wrap it either!

If I had to compromise on my exact spec to get an early allocation - call me insane, but I rather wait.

I'm so OCD about stuff like this that even if I had the car earlier, the entire time I would be nagged by "it's not MY spec."

My original spec is
Nimbus
Full black pack
Diamond cut wheels
Tan interior
Yellow callipers
Sport suspension

They have offered me
Nimbus
Half black pack
Black wheels
Sport suspension
Tan interior

So the same just with no black roof or diamond cut wheels ..

I love the full black pack and diamond cut wheels but the black wheels are growing on me .

It is tempting as a may delivery is a long way away
I would take it, you can add the black roof with a wrap plus who knows what will happen to the prices by next may

Taking someone else’s configuration doesn’t make sense to me. I’d wait as it’s more personal to you then.

I am confident that if you really didn’t get on with the black wheels you could have them diamond cut as they all the same wheel just finished differently .had a similar thing done on one of our vehicles had them diamond cut when refurbished cost around £500 but look amazing

I would take it, you can add the black roof with a wrap plus who knows what will happen to the prices by next may
Just had price for black roof £300 fitted which seemed decent 👌🏽.
Pretty confident I won’t need it and it will looks stunning as it is 👌🏽

I see the diamond cut wheels as the main decision factor for you... hard to do that aftermarket. You can certainly recolour the black or silver wheels easily enough though. FWIW, I'm pretty much planning to black-pack-via-PPF (so it is reversible) and custom wheel colour right out of the gate anyway, so if everything else matches what you want, I reckon that is a pretty nice opportunity :)
Agree about it being harder to do the DC afterwards, but it's not impossible - it's the same wheel underneath. I'm sure there will be someone who ordered DC and decides they prefer black wheels, so are happy to swap.

Agree about it being harder to do the DC afterwards, but it's not impossible - it's the same wheel underneath. I'm sure there will be someone who ordered DC and decides they prefer black wheels, so are happy to swap.
I knew I should have put an "er" on the end of "hard"... if there's one thing you can rely on on in life, it's bloody pedants :p

Taking someone else’s configuration doesn’t make sense to me. I’d wait as it’s more personal to you then.
I don’t see it this way at all - saying yes or no would purely depend if you like the new configuration. Having a car or waiting (was it 6 months ) it’s a no brainier for me. It’s still your car I don’t think of it that original spec is more personal - good job were all different with different views and perspectives

I don’t see it this way at all - saying yes or no would purely depend if you like the new configuration. Having a car or waiting (was it 6 months ) it’s a no brainier for me. It’s still your car I don’t think of it that original spec is more personal - good job were all different with different views and perspectives
Of course it keeps this forum interesting.

Back