Official video game thread - Gamers unite!

I just like the open world concept games where you can go anywhere you want, explore, go at your own pace and do what you want if you don't want to follow the main story line all the time.
This is one of the things I love about Horizon Forbidden West. It's open world and there's so much to explore. You can climb any mountain you see and dive deep into sea caves and explore as you wish. It's been a fantastic game so far!

I always set my games to max difficulty so I don't blow through them too quickly. I tend to spend a lot of time and platinum (every PS trophy possible) those games I really love. I've heard Dark Souls are some of the most difficult games ever and have wanted to try them. I just don't know where to start. Can I jump right into the third?

FFVII Remake on hard mode was probably the most difficult game I've ever completed. The final battles and final summon were brutally hard! But I had an absolute blast playing.

If anyone is old-school enough to remember Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX on the original PlayStation, I wrote that.

Whoa seriously?! I absolutely remember that game! I actually met Mirra (RIP) at a RallyX event back in ~2012 or so when he was racing with Subaru. I got to meet him, Tanner Foust, and Travis Pastrana there (New Jersey Motorsports Park).

_DSC5436.jpg

This is one of the things I love about Horizon Forbidden West. It's open world and there's so much to explore. You can climb any mountain you see and dive deep into sea caves and explore as you wish. It's been a fantastic game so far!

I always set my games to max difficulty so I don't blow through them too quickly. I tend to spend a lot of time and platinum (every PS trophy possible) those games I really love. I've heard Dark Souls are some of the most difficult games ever and have wanted to try them. I just don't know where to start. Can I jump right into the third?

FFVII Remake on hard mode was probably the most difficult game I've ever completed. The final battles and final summon were brutally hard! But I had an absolute blast playing.
Yes you can start with Dark Souls 3. Don't take anything for granted in the game; the boss fights are not your typical cookie cutter boss fights. You'll need to use the terrain, strategy, and take advantage of anything you can find and use. A bow is VERY handy. If you can shoot something by shooting through the gaps in a fence, or a hole in the wall, do it. The game is tough, all the Dark Souls games are, but the reward is when you do figure out how to get through an area, or beat a boss, you know you've done something!

Forgot about this thread and wanted to check in to see what everyone is playing these days! My better half surprised me with the OLED Switch I've been eyeing and I made the mistake of starting Breath of the Wild. I'm probably ~15 hours in and haven't even scratched the surface. Such a great game so far though... The controls took a while to get used to coming from PlayStation.

Recently I finished (Platinumed) Horizon Forbidden West, Far Cry 6, Stray, The Quarry, and most recently Oddworld: Soulstorm. I still have to replay some Oddworld levels to get the "good ending" but it's such a frustrating game and Zelda has been more enjoyable. 😁

I also have Ragnarok waiting for me whenever I decide to take a break from the Switch.

I wish I had time to play more games. These days I just try to get a few COD MW2 multiplayer games in on the weekends. Gotta show the kids that dad still got it. LOL. I recently upgraded to a TV with a 120Hz panel and ARR (adaptive refresh rate). This along with a PS5 purchase has really brought on a new level of performance and graphics quality to my console gaming. There is no longer a HUGE difference between consoles and PCs. I don't have an OLED TV, but modern LCD are getting ridiculously good with the full array local dimming and whatnot. I'm a sucker for good black levels and shadow details.

I have a ps5 and usually play warzone / dmz. But did start playing the new need for speed game just to get the Emira View attachment 20976
My kids are great at warzone-type games... I don't have the patience. LOL. I need to be able to jump in a game, play for 10/15 minutes, and stop.

For the guys interested in the Supra if you haven't had chance to test drive I can save you travel time if you have an xbox, I drove one on my sons xbox today and can confirm the feedback and feel is exactly the same is irl 😄
Is that Forza Horizons 5? I have Horizons 4 and my favorite car is the Bac Mono - AMAZING handling!

I just don't understand why the Emira isn't in Forza Horizon 5. Don't get me wrong, I loved 4 as it felt like I was driving my own car on holiday in the lake district and is probably the game I logged the most hours on (never competitive - I don't have a driving rig) but if they've got the darned Evija on it, why not the Emira?

Any Zelda fans here? Late to the game, but my better half surprised me on Xmas with the OLED Switch I've been eyeing. I immediately went out and bought BotW and haven't left Hyrule since. 😁 I initially played BotW for about 5 hours before getting sidetracked with the NES/SNES Classics on the Switch's Nintendo Online emulator thing and fully played through A Link to the Past (1991). Such an amazing game that I never completed when I was a kid, but here I am ~30 years later and completely amazed how well that game holds up! Now I'm back to BotW and probably ~40 hrs in. Another masterpiece in the Zelda franchise... looking forward to Tears of the Kingdom in May.

hero

Any Zelda fans here? Late to the game, but my better half surprised me on Xmas with the OLED Switch I've been eyeing. I immediately went out and bought BotW and haven't left Hyrule since. 😁 I initially played BotW for about 5 hours before getting sidetracked with the NES/SNES Classics on the Switch's Nintendo Online emulator thing and fully played through A Link to the Past (1991). Such an amazing game that I never completed when I was a kid, but here I am ~30 years later and completely amazed how well that game holds up! Now I'm back to BotW and probably ~40 hrs in. Another masterpiece in the Zelda franchise... looking forward to Tears of the Kingdom in May.

hero
I was, has to be top 5 best games of all time 😊

I have a ps5 and usually play warzone / dmz. But did start playing the new need for speed game just to get the Emira
Same. Immediately pre-ordered it when I learned the Emira is in it. After I acquire the Emira in-game, I stopped playing. It's by FAR the worst NFS game I've ever played (and I play 'em all). It's really really really bad.

Currently I've been playing Black Desert Online, mainly because I like the environment. It's a very nice looking world and nice to explore and roam around in.

I've been looking at all the previews of the upcoming cames for 2023 (and beyond), and so far the one that looks the most interesting to me is The Lies of P. It looks like a blend of a Dark Souls game, Bioshock, a bit of steampunk and something else I haven't quite put my finger on yet, but it looks intriguing. You play as Pinocchio on the quest to become human.

I'm not a Harry Potter fan, never read the books or watched the movies, but the new Hogwart's Legacy certainly looks impressive. It's a true open world with a lot of detail, and the gameplay looks like it might be fun if it's not too complicated.

We're just now starting to see games that are beginning to take advantage of the power of the 'new' consoles that came out 2 years ago. It's been mostly updated and adapted PS4 games up until now. The first game I would say really showed off the PS5 was Demon's Souls that debuted with the PS5, and of course last year's Game of the Year Elden Ring. Elden Ring on a PS5 and an LG OLED screen simply looks stunning.

Same. Immediately pre-ordered it when I learned the Emira is in it. After I acquire the Emira in-game, I stopped playing. It's by FAR the worst NFS game I've ever played (and I play 'em all). It's really really really bad.

Need for Speed Underground on PS2 was the last one I really enjoyed. After that I bought an Xbox 360 just so I could play Forza! Had a long run with those games but recently sold my Xbox since I never played it and anytime I tried there would be 20 minutes of updates and long loading screens before I could race.

My buddy has a pretty sweet sim rig that I can use if I ever get the itch. I've been thinking about grabbing the new Gran Turismo for PS but I have Ragnarok lined up after I finish BotW.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back