• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Owners: How much time have you spent unable to drive?

How much time have you spent unable to drive since you took delivery?

• I have had no issues that have taken my Emira out of commission so far

Votes: 24 61.5%
  • <1 week

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 1-2 weeks

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 2-3 weeks

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 3-4 weeks

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • >4 weeks/ a month

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
Had to change my vote. 2 weeks and increasing!
Yeah.... results of 58% success is a failing grade at pretty much any college/university in the world. Obviously, this small sample is not statistically significant enough to accurately represent the entire customer-base with any reasonable factor of confidence, but it does give us some insight into the general trend that we can take with a grain of salt. I am coincidentally only about 58% still in on this purchase. I REALLY want this car, but I have to step back and not view the time I have sat here empty-handed as an investment, because in all reality it isn't. Plus, I saw an early 90s NSX driving around yesterday, and it was tempting.

Yeah.... results of 58% success is a failing grade at pretty much any college/university in the world. Obviously, this small sample is not statistically significant enough to accurately represent the entire customer-base with any reasonable factor of confidence, but it does give us some insight into the general trend that we can take with a grain of salt. I am coincidentally only about 58% still in on this purchase. I REALLY want this car, but I have to step back and not view the time I have sat here empty-handed as an investment, because in all reality it isn't. Plus, I saw an early 90s NSX driving around yesterday, and it was tempting.
I am cautiously optimistic that many of these early adopter issues will be fixed in the US/NA versions, but only time will tell.

Had several quirks and worries now but the car has always got me home.
I was without the car for 5 weeks getting the exhaust. Have it back now - still has the quirks but I have yet to take it to Lotus for the 'upgrade/reflash' and recall. That should hopefully sort out a few shenanigans.