• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Paint problem

Tobiasz17azs

Emira Fan
Reaction score
New day, new problem I discovered. I recently dropped my phone and while examining the area, I noticed that on the front bumper close to the sensor, and on the other side as well, the paint is very rough. Additionally, there is a small crack in the paint.

After this discovery, I inspected the rest of the car and found rough edges on the rear bumper as well. I’m growing quite frustrated with the recurring issues I’ve been experiencing with my Emira.

Could you please advise if I should bring the car in for an inspection? Am I being too picky, or are these concerns valid and should be addressed under warranty?

Attachments

• IMG_2816.mov
    25.8 MB
  • IMG_2810.jpeg
    IMG_2810.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2809.jpeg
    IMG_2809.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2813.mov
    26.1 MB
  • IMG_2818.png
    IMG_2818.png
    732.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
It doesn't look objectionable to me, especially compared to the paint on my former Elise. But if it bothers you, certainly mention it to your dealer for documentation if nothing else.

It doesn't look objectionable to me, especially compared to the paint on my former Elise. But if it bothers you, certainly mention it to your dealer for documentation if nothing else.
I’m going to adres that .

I have feeling that trying to address this will likely just make it worse. I assume the bumpers come from the same mold and any replacement part will likely look exactly the same.

I have feeling that trying to address this will likely just make it worse. I assume the bumpers come from the same mold and any replacement part will likely look exactly the same.
Friend of mine who works for lotus in Orlando he checked few new emiras . Exact this spots and non of them have this issue