Parking sensors going off in stop and go traffic

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Anyone experience their parking sensors going off in stop and go traffic? For me it's always the LHD driver front sensor that triggers. It doesn't happen all the time, but happens enough to be slightly annoying. I believe it's detecting a car in the front because it has happened with no car on my left. Ironically, the last Honda Odyssey I owned also had a similar issue, but in that case, it was completely phantom - I could be sitting by myself in a large empty lot and it would beep at me. I largely lived with it because it's impossible to replicate reliably.

My second test drive car at dealer did that several times during the drive. Nothing around or nearby either. Very annoying especially on your own car.

Same here. I turned the volume all the way down and ignore it now. Never had a car with parking sensors, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on something.
I may try lowering the license plate a little to see if it makes a difference.

Yes. Same driver's side front.
I just assumed it was the tow hook I put on.
markup_1000006034.jpg

Last edited:
Same here. I turned the volume all the way down and ignore it now. Never had a car with parking sensors, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on something.
I may try lowering the license plate a little to see if it makes a difference.
Yea, the beep is slightly annoying but it also puts up the parking graphics on the screen.

I don't have a front plate.

I have no issues with mine,
No front plate and no tow hook, if that matters.

Every car that I’ve ever had with front sensors has done it occasionally when in stop/start traffic. I put it down to interference from rear sensors on the car in front….

Mine will do it with nothing around...no front plate. I will probably just live with it as long as the sensors detects when it needs to. Enough time at the dealer already.

I've had mine go off when stopped at a light with nothing within 10 feet of me, no obstructions, no ppf, no plate -- nothing.

Mine does the same thing for the front right. Goes off 1 out of 5 times on stop light with no one around. My wife and I just look at each other with a shrug everytime lol

Okay, so I guess it's situation normal.

Mine does the same thing for the front right. Goes off 1 out of 5 times on stop light with no one around. My wife and I just look at each other with a shrug everytime lol
Maybe it's reacting to the vehicle detection coil in the pavement?

Does it detect by physical detection, or is it image based? Maybe sunlight reflecting off something onto the sensor? I had mine go off once when a bug did a direct hit on it, but that's the only time.

Ultrasonic sensors send a beam of high frequency sound. It calculates size and distance of object by phase and magnitude of the detected reflection.

So they work like a bat. If the same sensor is going off for no apparent reason, I'd check to see if the connectors to the wiring harness are secure. Might be a slightly loose connector affected by vibration. That could also happen if a fuse isn't fully pressed into it's slot.

Yes, mine has the same issue. It is currently being addressed as we speak (today) at Lotus of Dallas. I will post an update after I pick the car up today with the cause and correction.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back